All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Glen T
join:2003-11-03
BC

Glen T to kickass69

to kickass69

Re: [WIN8] Windows 8 --- What benifits over W7-64?

said by kickass69:

Once Stardock's Start8 comes out of beta though...it'll end up costing $4.99. This sets a bad precedent having to pay for features that were once part of the OS to have it work productively as it did before.

The precedent was already set with MS Office. You had to buy a third-party add-on to get the old menu structure back.

BTW, got an e-mail from one of our corporate clients (industrial) who was inquiring if our software was compatible with Win7. They are getting ready to upgrade from XP. This is typical of fortune 500 manufacturers that we deal with.

I predict that Win8 will be bypassed by the corporate world just like they bypassed Vista.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob

said by Glen T:

said by kickass69:

Once Stardock's Start8 comes out of beta though...it'll end up costing $4.99. This sets a bad precedent having to pay for features that were once part of the OS to have it work productively as it did before.

The precedent was already set with MS Office. You had to buy a third-party add-on to get the old menu structure back.

BTW, got an e-mail from one of our corporate clients (industrial) who was inquiring if our software was compatible with Win7. They are getting ready to upgrade from XP. This is typical of fortune 500 manufacturers that we deal with.

I predict that Win8 will be bypassed by the corporate world just like they bypassed Vista.

Sounds eerily similar to my company. We have an office in Canada.

What software does your company vend?

Thanks,

David
Glen T
BC

Glen T

said by workablob:

Sounds eerily similar to my company. We have an office in Canada. What software does your company vend?

Ours is a very vertical market. Chemical engineering simulation software, tools and services. Our primary market is pulp and paper, but we get into other water-based industries.

workablob
Houston, TX

workablob

said by Glen T:

said by workablob:

Sounds eerily similar to my company. We have an office in Canada. What software does your company vend?

Ours is a very vertical market. Chemical engineering simulation software, tools and services. Our primary market is pulp and paper, but we get into other water-based industries.

Mmmmm Pulp. Arghlllll. (Picture Homer Simpson Drooling)

Dave
Glen T
BC

Glen T

said by workablob:

Mmmmm Pulp. Arghlllll.

One of our clients actually produce 'edible' wood pulp as a sausage filler for the EU market. A completely indigestible source of fibre.

workablob
Houston, TX

workablob

said by Glen T:

said by workablob:

Mmmmm Pulp. Arghlllll.

One of our clients actually produce 'edible' wood pulp as a sausage filler for the EU market. A completely indigestible source of fibre.

Yep. It's in all kinds of stuff we eat.

Euell Gibbons was right!

Dave