Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s to axus

Premium Member

to axus

Re: One way to destroy a good thing

said by axus:

That does make MetroPCS look better. I really don't know anything about them, that's a good overview. I think you listed some benefits of Tmobile such as "great discounts on phones" abd "no digital roaming charges" as drawbacks. 2 year agreement would be bad if Sprint, Verizon, AT&T weren't worse. I've got the minimum minutes and rarely hit the limit, so it hasn't bothered me.

How is the coverage for MetroPCS? Anything like roaming charges?

MetroPCS current business model is for the metro areas. Last time I looked, they are expanding to more of the outlining areas. Granted, MetroPCS is not for everyone. It's not good for people who travel allot but good for people who are on a limited budget. If you go out of the area MetroPCS area, you need to buy minutes just in case.

I work an hour away from my house and is always within the Metro area. I always maintain at least 4 bars both at home and at work. The problems that Metro has is no different than the problems the big cell carriers have. I would say I had more problems when I had AT&T than I had Metro.

With Metro, no such thing as limited minutes. Don't have to buy anytime minutes. You can call as much as you want when you want without any worries.

Damn, I sound like a commercial for Metro....lol No, I don't work for Metro. I just hate when a good thing happens and something comes a long to take that away.
axus
join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

axus

Nah, it's OK to be a happy customer. Look at it this way, what if AT&T had bought MetroPCS? If MetroPCS were acquired, T-mobile should be your first choice. Best case scenario, you can keep your same plans and have more towers on your network.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

1 recommendation

iansltx to viperpa33s

to viperpa33s
What plan do you have with MetroPCS?

You can get unlimited everything (voice, text, data) for $70 from T-Mobile, or $50ish from one of their MVNOs (like SIMple Mobile). Buy your own phone up front just like you're used to doing. If you go with an MVNO there's no contract.

Also, T-Mobile's network is faster than MetroPCS's network in FLorida. Unless I missed something and MetroPCS is now offering 20 Mbps down, 3 Mbps up reliably over their LTE.

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

What plan do you have with MetroPCS?

You can get unlimited everything (voice, text, data) for $70 from T-Mobile, or $50ish from one of their MVNOs (like SIMple Mobile). Buy your own phone up front just like you're used to doing. If you go with an MVNO there's no contract.

Also, T-Mobile's network is faster than MetroPCS's network in FLorida. Unless I missed something and MetroPCS is now offering 20 Mbps down, 3 Mbps up reliably over their LTE.

Apparently you don't have MetroPCS so I will explain to you what goes on. There is no minute cards with MetroPCS. MetroPCS is a true unlimited service with the exception of data.

MetroPCS sends you a text message letting you know when your bill is due. You can either pay the bill online or go into any Metro store to pay it. If you don't pay it by the due date, you can't use your phone. You then have 30 days to pay your bill and keep your number active. If you end up not paying your number gets put into the pool.

Your not showing me anything I don't already know. MetroPCS has been offering LTE service. MetroPCS is starting to offer voice over LTE.

What T-Mobile offers is less than what I get from MetroPCS for the same price.

»www.metropcs.com/metro/d ··· /4GALL50
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

I see your MetroPCS and raise you a SIMple Mobile: »simplemobile.com

$50 per month for unlimited everything. Very similar to MetroPCS in the way you get billed. You pay for your phone up front, just like you do with MetroPCS.

I haven't used MetroPCS because I have never lived in their service area. I have used CricKet, which is very similar. I have used Pocket Communications before it was folded into CricKet. Again, very similar...except with Pocket you could get unlimited calling, texting and picture messaging for $25 per month once upon a time. Now that, I contend to you, is a good deal.

So, with that knowledge in mind, take a look at Straight Talk or SIMple Mobile. Both use T-Mobile's network (Straight Talk gives the option of Sprint, AT&T or Verizon as well). Both offer unlimited voice and texting, and unlimited (within reason) data. Both are in the $50 per month range. MetroPCS no longer has a monopoly on cheap unlimited service, and hasn't for a few years now.