We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

said by vue666:

Not war on Afghanistan. War in Afghanistan against terrorism. War on Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Khadr sided with them against his country...

I guess you've not heard of "the war on terrorism"????

War??
There was no declared war.

At best it was a manhunt for binLaden and his mob. That the 'police' work was done by the military under 'shoot to kill' orders is effectively the difference.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

War??
There was no declared war.

How can one be a "child soldier" in a war that doesn't, apparently, exist? You see the problem with this illogical train of reasoning?

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by Ian1:

How can one be a "child soldier" in a war that doesn't, apparently, exist? You see the problem with this illogical train of reasoning?

I see the problem with your illogical train of reasoning, as to follow it would mean that Canadian Forces members who were in Afghanistan weren't soldiers either.

Perhaps we should use the politically correct (to go along with the nomenclature used in Gitmo) term off "underage illegal enemy combatant".

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

said by Ian1:

I see the problem with your illogical train of reasoning, as to follow it would mean that Canadian Forces members who were in Afghanistan weren't soldiers either.

And I'm not suggesting that the Canadian Forces weren't soldiers..... I thought that was clear.