1 edit

Freedom Pop

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA
said by haroldo:

Saw a promo on TV...anyone familiar with this?
»preorder.freedompop.com/preorder.htm
»video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=30···1&play=1

Hope it works, but history hasn't been kind to these types of ventures. Plus, if I heard correctly, they're using Sprint's 4G network and that might not work well enough for a lot of people.

I'd like to try it if it would firmly register as an extended middle finger to the Big Two carriers.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

Bob61571

join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL
I realize that they are in beta/startup mode, but ONLY serving 6 Midwestern cities!?!?

Nothing within 150 miles of me with these guys, for now

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
reply to haroldo

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to haroldo
$10/GB you may be better off just going directly to Clear and getting a puck. 1500/500 for $35 unlimited or 3-6Mb/1Mb (they say 3-6 down but I usually get 6-12 down) for $50 unlimited. And unlike everyone else, unlimited means unlimited. I do nearly 200GB/mo with Clear.

Even if you don't use much data this isn't a good deal IMO. Problem is with iPhone you already are forced to pay for a data plan so you end up paying twice unless you unlock and go with a different carrier in which case you might as well do Straight Talk for $45, voice/txt/data

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
reply to haroldo
Not to mention that case is totally FUGLY !!!

dave49er

join:2004-05-05
Walnut, CA
reply to haroldo
I signed up for it. You don't have to get the case:
»www.freedompop.com/devices.htm

I got the Photon. It's supposed to arrive Oct 8.

My reasoning is that I can use it for my iPad, my PS Vita, and my iPhone if I need faster data when the hated AT&T is throttling me.