Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to 88615298

MVM

to 88615298

Re: If the ISP's Were So Scared

said by 88615298:

said by Os:

of liability and false accusations, then why not tell the RIAA/MPAA to shove it?

Most ISPs also provide video services. I'm pretty sure they would like to continue to do that.

Video delivery and Internet access should not be provided by the same company.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by NormanS:

said by 88615298:

said by Os:

of liability and false accusations, then why not tell the RIAA/MPAA to shove it?

Most ISPs also provide video services. I'm pretty sure they would like to continue to do that.

So you are going to force all the cable companies to sell off their internet access? Considering they run off the same lines the new ISPs would have to build out their own infrastructure. Yeah good luck with that.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB to NormanS

to NormanS
Ouch. You just killed UVerse.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by dnoyeB:

Ouch. You just killed UVerse.

I wouldn't have if it was available. Oh, hark! It is and I don't.
NormanS

NormanS to 88615298

MVM

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

So you are going to force all the cable companies to sell off their internet access? Considering they run off the same lines the new ISPs would have to build out their own infrastructure.

They do? Ask Paxio, Sonic.net, LLC or Google about how much last mile coax they are building out!
Paxio
Premium Member
join:2011-02-23
Santa Clara, CA

Paxio to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

In the largest sense, I agree with you completely. We want to "carry" video services but not be the actual provider. For example we are experimenting with delivery of DirecTV over our fiber in The Sonora in San Jose. The trial is going well, but I'd like to see MORE offerings of video service added -- GoogleTV, SureWest, maybe even Comcast.

Why not? We can build out and maintain our state-of-the-art fiber plant for much less than an old creaky coax network, so we could offer Comcast "wholesale" access to the addresses on our network and everybody wins.

It's the future of data services -- open access. Build a next-gen fiber plant and sell access to any provider who wants to reach your footprint. Everybody competes for the customer's dollar and the customer only needs one clean fiber connection to access the world.

Prices go down, service goes up and people build statues of Paxio in the park! (Hey, its my fantasy and I can end it any way I want!)