Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3

2 recommendations

reply to dave

Re: Association of Parasites upset about 'do-not-track' default

I'm curious as to why the Ad Industry believes that Microsoft Corporation is under any obligation, legal or otherwise, to make it easy for ad companies to track users.

They want an "ad friendly" browser (or more so)? Then write one and publish it. I for one will not be joining the hordes of consumers, afraid about the imminent decline of quality content, who will download and install it. But I'm sure that's just me.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by Ian:

I'm curious as to why the Ad Industry believes that Microsoft Corporation is under any obligation, legal or otherwise, to make it easy for ad companies to track users.

Those advertisers are likely customers of Microsoft Corporation as well. And that will drive the ultimate decision. Some Microsoft customers want privacy for themselvels. Some Microsoft customers want to invade the privacy of others. Who spends the most with Microsoft Corporation? (Of course, there's a little PR involved as well - "we protect Mom and Pop" is worth a little).

EGeezer
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

To be honest I'm much more concerned with what Bob (the NSA et al) collects, stores and analyzes.

It's getting so Bob can get everything he wants from private business simply by writing a check.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 recommendation

... and then we face budget deficit problem caused by the Bob every year
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
said by OZO:

... and then we face budget deficit problem caused by the Bob every year

don't worry; he'll smuggle some controlled substance or another from the third world and then sell it in some slum or another over here.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--