elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to joeblow3

Premium Member

to joeblow3

Re: Chicken rotisserie oven suggestions?

said by joeblow3:

"that for the most part Americans have NG stoves, "

You will find that professional chefs prefer NG 1,000,000 to 1 over electric ranges.

You can control the heat much better and they get hot faster then electric ones.

Trust me I know, you won't find a single professional kitchen with electric.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

said by joeblow3:

"that for the most part Americans have NG stoves, "

You will find that professional chefs prefer NG 1,000,000 to 1 over electric ranges.

You can control the heat much better and they get hot faster then electric ones.

Trust me I know, you won't find a single professional kitchen with electric.

With ranges dual-fuel types are better than either gas or electric. On the cook-top, there's no doubt that gas is better than radiant heat electric. However, in the oven portion, electric is better than gas. The problem with a gas oven is that the combustion of gas creates water vapour which affects whatever is being baked or roasted. Plus there's no such thing as a gas convection burner (usually just a fan to create current in gas ovens).
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

We have a dual-fuel stove and we're very pleased with it. I find the electric oven tends to give a more even heat than gas.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to decx

Premium Member

to decx
I love gas stoves, but I will be the first to admit that I am not at all fond of gas ovens. Once you've had an electric convection oven you'll wonder how the hell you ever lived with anything else.