spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

celticpride

@verizon.net
reply to nlk10010

Re: October is here.. Are those dozen HD channels coming?!?!

I"M disappointed in verizon in that when i signed up 3 years ago i was led to believe that they would carrry more HD channels than any one, which is why i signed up,Yet they still only carry 1 HD channel for nba league pass!! On top of that i just read an article where directv said they hope to carry ALL HD CHANNELS ONLY by 2016 NO MORE SD CHANNELS!!!

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by celticpride :

On top of that i just read an article where directv said they hope to carry ALL HD CHANNELS ONLY by 2016 NO MORE SD CHANNELS!!!

Good luck watching them. With signal loss every time it rains there is no way I would go back to satellite. I was at my uncle's house a couple weeks ago and a thunderstorm rolled in. They lost service for at least 15-20 minutes until the storm passed, and that was in the middle of a football game. No thanks.

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

said by Mac973:

said by celticpride :

On top of that i just read an article where directv said they hope to carry ALL HD CHANNELS ONLY by 2016 NO MORE SD CHANNELS!!!

Good luck watching them. With signal loss every time it rains there is no way I would go back to satellite. I was at my uncle's house a couple weeks ago and a thunderstorm rolled in. They lost service for at least 15-20 minutes until the storm passed, and that was in the middle of a football game. No thanks.

I gotta agree with this. We had the DISH in my fathers house in Maine and every single solitary time (and I do mean every time) it rained half the satellite signals would drop and if it was really bad (i.e. thunderstorm) ALL would drop.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Mac973

said by Mac973:

I'm really starting to think it's a NJ thing. I know people that swear they never get signal loss from D*, yet the two times I've had it, the HD has been terribly effected by rain fade. I switched back to it for a short while last year (because I prefer pretty much everything about D* on the TV-side) after being led to believe it was a thing of the past. Took me less than two weeks to realize my mistake and went back to FiOS.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by bsangs:

said by Mac973:

I'm really starting to think it's a NJ thing. I know people that swear they never get signal loss from D*, yet the two times I've had it, the HD has been terribly effected by rain fade. I switched back to it for a short while last year (because I prefer pretty much everything about D* on the TV-side) after being led to believe it was a thing of the past. Took me less than two weeks to realize my mistake and went back to FiOS.

I believe the north east and north west parts of the country are on the fringes of the satellite footprints. Perhaps you are more susceptible to rain fade as a result?

I live in north central TX but I still got it bad when I had DTV years ago.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Mac973

said by Mac973:

said by celticpride :

[/BQUOTE

Then the dish was aimed improperly. Yes, DirecTV is susceptible to weather, but in West Orange, a properly-aimed dish should get good signal (assuming relatively calm winds) though all but the heaviest rainstorms.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

said by UnnDunn:

Then the dish was aimed improperly. Yes, DirecTV is susceptible to weather, but in West Orange, a properly-aimed dish should get good signal (assuming relatively calm winds) though all but the heaviest rainstorms.

Bad weather and sporting events often occur simultaneously, as do opportune times to watch TV - when you're indoors finding alternate entertainment due to those inclement conditions. Outages tend to be noticed. I know they were during the years when my family had a professionally installed and serviced DirecTV system.

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to UnnDunn

said by UnnDunn:

said by Mac973:

said by celticpride :

[/BQUOTE

We had the DISH people out at TWICE to correct the problem and they never did fix it. And of course they charged us for each visit. It was professionally installed and calibrated (aimed or whatever you want to call it) and the problem was only fixed by getting rid of them. I'll never ever go back.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!