Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Ian

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

said by Ian:

said by booj:

Link for the uninformed.

Because the "informed", get to be, by reading random left-wing blogs on the interwebs?

A show trial is a show trial is a show trial.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_trial

The term show trial is a pejorative description of a type of highly public trial in which there is a strong connotation that the judicial authorities have already determined the guilt of the defendant. The actual trial has as its only goal to present the accusation and the verdict to the public as an impressive example and as a warning. Show trials tend to be retributive rather than correctional justice. The term was first recorded in the 1930s.[1]

The Gitmo so-called 'trial' re-wrote 'facts' to support a party line, in the same tradition as the "Great Soviet Encyclopedia" ....
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Sovi···clopedia

Following the arrest and punishment of the infamous Lavrentiy Beria, the notorious head of the NKVD, in 1953 the encyclopedia—ostensibly in response to overwhelming public demand—mailed subscribers to the second edition a letter from the editor[11] instructing them to cut out and destroy the three-page article on Beria and paste in its place enclosed replacement pages expanding the adjacent articles on F. W. Bergholz (an 18th-century courtier), the Bering Sea, and Bishop Berkeley.[12] By April 1954, the Library of the University of California had received this “replacement.”[13] This was not the only case of political influence. Encyclopedia subscribers received missives to replace articles in the fashion of the Beria article frequently.[14] Content of others changed significantly, to reflect not the scientific knowledge but the current party line. An article affected in such a fashion was the one on Bukharin, whose evolution of descriptions went through several versions.[15]

And here I thought the US won the Cold War against those godless Commies. Looks like I was wrong.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

And your links prove Omar Khadr is innocent of his crimes? I think NOT...