uniqs

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to Name14143

to Name14143

Re: [Exede] HN7000S -> Exede questions.

At the risk of not starting my own topic, here's another Exede question. Equipment lease is currently the only option. Is there any speculation that an equipment purchase option may be in the future?

//greg//

wm4bama
join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

There is no option to buy Exede hardware, nor are there any plans to offer that option in the future...you have two lease options, one is to pay $9.99/month for as long as you have the service, or two, as an added savings, customers have the option to prepay a lifetime lease for just $219.99, which means after 22 months there is no lease fee for as long as you keep the service active.

Hardware warranty and installation warranty expires after 90 days, then the customer has to pay for a service call but faulty equipment, not caused by the customer, is replaced free...

bnugget
@direcpc.com

bnugget

Anon

They didn't offer me a lifetime option but a 199.99 pre-pay lease option for 24 months. After the 24 it'll be 9.99 a month lease. I took the pre-pay option myself. If there was a 219.99 lifetime option I wish I'd known about it.

I did just have Exede 12 installed last Friday.
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan to wm4bama

to wm4bama
said by wm4bama:

There is no option to buy Exede hardware, nor are there any plans to offer that option in the future...you have two lease options, one is to pay $9.99/month for as long as you have the service, or two, as an added savings, customers have the option to prepay a lifetime lease for just $219.99, which means after 22 months there is no lease fee for as long as you keep the service active.

Hardware warranty and installation warranty expires after 90 days, then the customer has to pay for a service call but faulty equipment, not caused by the customer, is replaced free...

It's not lifetime anymore. The up front payment of $199.99 only covers the 24 months of the contract. The terms have changed.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov to grohgreg

to grohgreg
said by grohgreg:

Equipment lease is currently the only option.

I pay $49.99/month TOTAL; They maintain equipment for 2 years, and after 2 years, if equipment fails, I have to pay for truck roll and what ever fails.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan to bnugget

to bnugget
said by bnugget :

They didn't offer me a lifetime option but a 199.99 pre-pay lease option for 24 months. After the 24 it'll be 9.99 a month lease. I took the pre-pay option myself. If there was a 219.99 lifetime option I wish I'd known about it.

They haven't offered the lifetime lease fee for a while.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov
said by bnugget :

Same as I was told yesterday; advertised plan price PLUS $9.99/monthly forever. Only "deal" was the $199.99 up front lease payment with which you get 24 months lease for the price of 20. After that, the $9.99/mo resumes.
said by DrStrangLov:

I pay $49.99/month TOTAL; They maintain equipment for 2 years, and after 2 years, if equipment fails, I have to pay for truck roll and what ever fails.

You're fortunate. That's how monthly billing works when hardware is purchased up front. That's the deal I've had with Hughes for over 12 years. But at the moment I can't get either Hughes or ViaSat to to agree to anything other than these rip-off lease plans.

//greg//

wm4bama
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama to JSheridan

to JSheridan
said by JSheridan:

said by wm4bama:

It's not lifetime anymore. The up front payment of $199.99 only covers the 24 months of the contract. The terms have changed.

This is straight from the WB web site:

SERVICES AND PRICES
What does WildBlue cost?
The WildBlue equipment is leased to you for the length of the time youre a WildBlue customer. There is a one-time activation fee of $149.99. Customers pay a low monthly lease fee of $9.99, similar to most cable and satellite television pricing models. During the entire period the equipment is leased, it is covered under WildBlues worry-free equipment replacement warranty. As an added savings, customers have the option to prepay a lifetime lease for just $219.99. Professional installation is free. Please check out current offers. The monthly fee varies depending on the plan you choose. We offer a variety of service packages, including a 12 Mbps or 5 Mbps Service (depending on your location) at $49.99 per month. Learn more about the packages and prices we offer.

»www.wildblue.com/overvie ··· faqs#1_8

And if you check the wildblueworld.com forum you will find many customers who are getting this offer and the moderators fixing the problem for a few customers who asked for it up front but the system started them on the monthly plan..

So, yes, the lifetime lease option is in effect if you buy directly from Wildblue/Exede like I did...can't confirm the lifetime lease is offered to customers who buy from Dish or NRTC co-ops...nor for customers who buy from a local dealer/reseller, but it is (and was) offered to customers like me that buy directly from WB/Exede.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by wm4bama:

said by JSheridan:

said by wm4bama:

This is straight from the WB web site:

SERVICES AND PRICES
What does WildBlue cost?
The WildBlue equipment is leased to you for the length of the time youre a WildBlue customer. There is a one-time activation fee of $149.99. Customers pay a low monthly lease fee of $9.99, similar to most cable and satellite television pricing models. During the entire period the equipment is leased, it is covered under WildBlues worry-free equipment replacement warranty. As an added savings, customers have the option to prepay a lifetime lease for just $219.99. Professional installation is free. Please check out current offers. The monthly fee varies depending on the plan you choose. We offer a variety of service packages, including a 12 Mbps or 5 Mbps Service (depending on your location) at $49.99 per month. Learn more about the packages and prices we offer.

»www.wildblue.com/overvie ··· faqs#1_8

And if you check the wildblueworld.com forum you will find many customers who are getting this offer and the moderators fixing the problem for a few customers who asked for it up front but the system started them on the monthly plan..

So, yes, the lifetime lease option is in effect if you buy directly from Wildblue/Exede like I did...can't confirm the lifetime lease is offered to customers who buy from Dish or NRTC co-ops...nor for customers who buy from a local dealer/reseller, but it is (and was) offered to customers like me that buy directly from WB/Exede.

No it's NOT! How can you think you know more about this stuff than people who are in this business and do it for a living? We deal with this stuff everyday, we get emails about the changes, we have access to all the dealer portals and we know what we're talking about, all the time. You apparently only know what you read on the internet and 'hear' about your 'hobby'. That's obviously an old page you referenced. Viasat needs to change it. The policy has changed, and it wasn't just yesterday.

Go to wildblue.com and put in your zip code and see what the offers are.

It plainly states: "Equipment Lease Fee is $9.99 a month or $199.99 Prepaid 24 MONTH lease. Like getting 4 months free!"

You seem to spend a lot of time 'helping' on all these satellite forums. 'Helping' with bad info is not helping.

wm4bama
Goodwater, AL

2 edits

wm4bama

said by JSheridan:

No it's NOT! How can you think you know more about this stuff than people who are in this business and do it for a living? We deal with this stuff everyday, we get emails about the changes, we have access to all the dealer portals and we know what we're talking about, all the time. You apparently only know what you read on the internet and 'hear' about your 'hobby'. That's obviously an old page you referenced. Viasat needs to change it. The policy has changed, and it wasn't just yesterday.

Go to wildblue.com and put in your zip code and see what the offers are.

It plainly states: "Equipment Lease Fee is $9.99 a month or $199.99 Prepaid 24 MONTH lease. Like getting 4 months free!"

You seem to spend a lot of time 'helping' on all these satellite forums. 'Helping' with bad info is not helping.

The forum has posts where customers got this lifetime lease just last week...anyway, I have close contacts inside ViaSat headquarters and I sent him an email asking for clarification between the link I posted and what the link you referenced says...

I'll be sure to post back with that info.
Expand your moderator at work
wm4bama

wm4bama

Re: [Exede] HN7000S -> Exede questions.

said by wm4bama:

said by JSheridan:

JS, you don't have to be an a-hole to disagree with me...if the data I posted is out of date we'll get to the truth without your verbal assault..

The forum has posts where customers got this lifetime lease just last week...anyway, I have close contacts inside ViaSat headquarters and I sent him an email asking for clarification between the link I posted and what the link you referenced says...

I'll be sure to post back with that info, without your insulting BS..

Got this info back from my friend at ViaSat:

"I am 100% sure we've removed the prepaid lifetime lease for Exede, and I'm 99% sure we've removed it for WildBlue Pro Plus.

Our marketing team fixed the link on wb.com. It was correct on exede.com. Thanks for letting me know you saw this."

So the lifetime lease option is no longer available..
Expand your moderator at work