Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

1 recommendation

grohgreg to Aframe

to Aframe

Re: Lease vs Purchase

said by Aframe:

Being that I have had both the 7000s and the 9000, the 9000 vastly out performs the 7000s. there is really no comparison.

said by One More Too:

My experience was exactly the same.

Installation was my point, not performance. And performance issues can be quite consistently correlated with the quality of the install. That said, I've had no significant complaints about the performance of my HN7000S system. The advertised performance specs of the two systems are identical. The plan names differ slightly, but not the prices. So - installation issues aside - my experience doesn't support a thesis that the HN9000 outperforms the HN7000S.

Which brings me back to my original statement; I skipped the HN9000 upgrade because it was harder to install. So feedback from HT1000 installers about the comparative ease of installation was one of the determining factors in my decision to jump from HN7000S to Gen4.

//greg//
capnkirk
join:2012-10-15
Lake City, MI

capnkirk

I'm an existing 7000 user, previously 4000. A few days ago, I registered for upgrade to Gen4. I discovered that it is lease only, no purchase option available for EXISTING USERS. So, I registered for a new install, and pretty soon had two installers contacting me to set up an appointment. OK, short form of the story. Per a very nice lady in Portland with a group called "preinstallation," existing users can only lease. If you want to purchase, you have to cancel your contract, WAIT SIXTY DAYS, and place an order for a new install. I believe that treating different classes of customers with different financial plans represents a restraint of trade, in this case another case of existing users being rear ended by Hughes management.