uniqs
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Maple syrup stolen in Quebec is found in New Brunswick

A massive amount of maple syrup stolen from a Quebec warehouse last month has turned up in New Brunswick.

Police say arrests are imminent after they found the syrup inside barrels at S.K. Export in Kedgwick, in northern New Brunswick near Quebec's Gaspe region....

The amount that was seized represents only a fraction of the 10,000-barrel, $20-million amount stolen in August....

Police believe the robbers pumped the maple syrup into tanker trucks and drove away from the heavily-secured location....

»cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Cri ··· 646.html

COMMENT: I know that maple syrup is big business, but this is astounding....Tanker trucks!

My Sugar
@videotron.ca

My Sugar

Anon

said by PX Eliezer704:

but this is astounding....Tanker trucks!

Hey... That's not far from the HRM! Damn them!

10,000 barrels.
Barrels are anywhere from 170-L to a little over 200-L (depends on the barrel used really).

So, 1.70 Million litres, minimum. heh yeah takes a few tanker trucks.

Now, is this syrup contaminated? That's another question that will need to be answered.

Someone(s) is going to end up in a Quebec prison. Hope they learned french
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by My Sugar :

While Greater Halifax seems crime-ridden from what we read here, it is over 600 km from Kedgwick, NB.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by PX Eliezer704:

said by My Sugar :

While Greater Halifax seems crime-ridden from what we read here, it is over 600 km from Kedgwick, NB.

I fully expect that perps, if caught, will get a slap on the wrist and a small fine. After all, it's only maple syrup and Quebec maple syrup, at that. Now if it was a deer jacked on KC Irving lands, you would be looking at 2 years in jail and a hefty fine.
Expand your moderator at work
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS

Re: Maple syrup stolen in Quebec is found in New Brunswick

I guess poaching deer from Irving is worse than poaching deer from the King!

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to DKS

MVM

to DKS
said by DKS:

I fully expect that perps, if caught, will get a slap on the wrist and a small fine. After all, it's only maple syrup and Quebec maple syrup, at that. Now if it was a deer jacked on KC Irving lands, you would be looking at 2 years in jail and a hefty fine.

I don't know, I would think the consequences for stealing $20 million of anything would be a pretty serious crime.
Expand your moderator at work
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Guspaz

to Guspaz

Re: Maple syrup stolen in Quebec is found in New Brunswick

Sounds like something that would have happened with booze in Capone era Chicago...

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

Except that maple syrup isn't an illegal or controlled substance, which is an indication of its true market value i.e. incredibly high.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
quote:
Quebec produces up to 80% of the world's maple syrup every year, and the province's syrup producers federation has managed the world's strategic reserves for the past 12 years.
I know about the US's Strategic Petroleum Reserve, but never heard of the Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to Guspaz

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

said by DKS:

I don't know, I would think the consequences for stealing $20 million of anything would be a pretty serious crime.

This is New Brunswick. I have sat in court and seen a man fined $200 and time served for beating his wife. The next man was caught jacking a deer on KC Irving land to feed his family. $600 and 30 days.
DKS

DKS to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

quote:
Quebec produces up to 80% of the world's maple syrup every year, and the province's syrup producers federation has managed the world's strategic reserves for the past 12 years.
I know about the US's Strategic Petroleum Reserve, but never heard of the Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve.

Preparing for the next maple syrup war against the state of Vermont.
DKS

DKS to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

I guess poaching deer from Irving is worse than poaching deer from the King!

Yes, it is.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to DKS

to DKS
Now I'm wondering if there's also a Strategic Poutine Reserve.

EDIT: More on the SMSR - »www.ontariofarmer.com/si ··· 0reserve

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to My Sugar

Premium Member

to My Sugar
Someone is going to find themselves in a very sticky situation.

Glad they found it though, I might be able to find the golden stuff for under $12/litre.
GeoStar
join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5

GeoStar

Maybe some political party or mob ring wanted to sweeten thier position by handing out cut rate sweet syrup to the minions and peaseants

The rest is in a secret location in the ozarks in an olde water tank awaiting dehydration for sugar cube pirates .....

yah needed to be said

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
We ran out of maple syrup at our house. Where are these guys? I'd be willing to buy a whole barrel at a reasonable price!
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
quote:
Police believe the robbers pumped the maple syrup into tanker trucks and drove away from the heavily-secured location....

Apparently not!
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

A massive amount of maple syrup stolen from a Quebec warehouse last month has turned up in New Brunswick.

Police say arrests are imminent after they found the syrup inside barrels at S.K. Export in Kedgwick, in northern New Brunswick near Quebec's Gaspe region....

»www.skexport.ca
They may have been ramping up to meet demand.
I wonder if they had recently explored the Chinese market.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

its gonna be very difficult for them to prove the maple syrip came from quebec.