Search similar:

uniqs
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
·Charter

brianiscool

Clearwire

They should become the first wireless TV service. Offer some kind of top box you hook up to your T.V.s at home and offer different video services. No internet required comes with a Clearwire box. The monthly subscriptions would just go towards Hulu Plus, Netflix, ect.. whatever else they can add for online services.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

pretty sure they don't have the bandwidth for that.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool

It would be a cool concept though. Just a plain pipe just for multimedia.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude to brianiscool

Premium Member

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

They should become the first wireless TV service. Offer some kind of top box you hook up to your T.V.s at home and offer different video services. No internet required comes with a Clearwire box. The monthly subscriptions would just go towards Hulu Plus, Netflix, ect.. whatever else they can add for online services.

This would have to be done on the LTE network not WiMax as there currently isn't the constant bandwidth to support it.

I don't think they would want to deal at all with the content. It would be interesting if they were able to contract with a cable over builder like RCN who would provide the video service.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer to brianiscool

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

Don't you mean using the internet? Wireless cable was around in the 1990s and used the spectrum that is licensed to Clearwire now.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to ArrayList

to ArrayList
actually they do. And in some markets they don't throttle or cap. When I had them in CLE (images are posted on here) I could easily download over 50gigs per month and nothing. At one point I hit over 10 gigs in one night with 4 DTV boxes updating on the connection plus PPV. Not to mention 3 students where using it and the one worked for a major Hospital in Cleveland and was always working from home uploading major documents to their VPN.
hottboiinnc4

1 recommendation

hottboiinnc4 to whfsdude

to whfsdude
they wouldn't really need RCN. The company that Google hired for their IPTV service actually provides IPTV service to other companies as well. Plus there are CLECs/ILECs that would offer it and lease out their headend to Clear.