Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

[MLB] play-in

So the NL wildcard play-in game is set, Cards vs Braves. Both are streaky when scoring runs and both have good team ERAs. Cards are starting Kyle Lohse (16-3, has the NL’s fifth-best ERA (2.86). He has given up three earned runs or fewer in 28 of 33 starts). Braves are starting Kris Medlen (the most dominant starter in the majors since July 31. In 12 starts, Medlen is 9-0 with an 0.97 ERA. In 83.2 IP, Medlen has struck out 84 while walking only 10). Predictions?
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Braves

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to footballdude
Also of note, this game is set to start at 5:00 eastern time, which means there will likely be shadows on the field, making life difficult for the hitters, and possibly for outfielders.
--

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to footballdude
Braves game just had a weird call. Infield fly rule was called even though the ball was half way to the left field fence. The fielders didn't catch it, but the batter was called out anyway. The Braves fans are going nuts and throwing anything not nailed down on to the field. This all occurred with Braves losing 6-3 in the 8th with 1 out and 2 men on. Now with 2 outs, the game will eventually resume.

Fans are really pissed now. Braves get no runs in the eighth.
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
Atlanta has an abrupt end to their season as St Louis beats Atlanta 6-3. St Louis now gets to play Washington. Atlanta didn't help their cause by making 3 errors.

P.S.>> Atlanta is protesting the game to the league. But I doubt they will do anything to change the game's result.
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Protest denied by MLB

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 edit
reply to footballdude
Orioles are up 4-1 in the top of the ninth and still batting.

Edit: 5-1 Orioles, Rangers coming up in the bottom of the 9th.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
O's win

bruin23
Premium
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA
reply to footballdude
The moment Josh Hamilton made that error in game 162 against the A's that gave them the lead, it was clear that the Rangers' season was done.

Terrible, terrible, terrible call in the Braves/Cardinals game. I truly don't understand how the three other umpires upheld it. It wasn't even close.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
That really was a brutal call...........that wasn't even close to an infield fly.....wow.

Reds lose their ace early........could be an interesting series now.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Yeah, what happened to Cueto

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Back spasms..........which usually indicates,he didn't do proper stretching.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to footballdude
Nats comeback to win in the 8th and Detroit takes a 2-0 lead in their series.

Go Expos/Nats.
--

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to footballdude
When I was watching the game Friday, I immediately thought that infield fly call was bogus. Having read the actual rule a few times since, I'm not so sure anymore. Turns out the infield fly rule applies to any ball being caught by an infielder, not necessarily a ball on the infield. There's no doubt the shortstop was there to make the catch, before bailing out at the last minute.

People keep asking why the call wasn't overturned. The rule books says that the infield fly is a judgement call and cannot be overturned by another umpire. Also, if you weren't listening to the Cardinal broadcast, you might not know this, but the home plate umpire made the signal for infield fly at the same time that the left field ump did.
--

Intoxicoded

join:2011-05-02
USA
kudos:2
This will probably be the first World Series that i'll be watching in 10+ years. All for the dead legs, i think they should get in. they are up on the giants and only need one more to clinch, they would have to pull one of the old famous red's choke's to blow it now.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to footballdude
F------g yankees won.............God I hate that team.
--

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Hate is a strong word my friend.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Hate is a good word when they lose.

A-roid makes $500 million a year to hit .143 with RISP and hasn't hit a HR in 70 ABS in the playoffs.

Jeter is the only player I have any respect for on that team.........I can't even stand watching them.
--