Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Immer

Re: [Raiding] Tanking Damage Adjustment Hot Fixes

Ok now what...

So was I just doing it wrong? I though we pallies were supposed to be running with Seal of Truth for single and Seal of Righteousness for AOE.

This should be interesting.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
Now you just use Insight for single target. Makes sense; it heals you.

Though ... correct me if I'm wrong, but Prot Pallies never have to trade HoPo mitigation for more damage right? I guess its a question of using WoG over SotR, but SotR is still a good thing to use for damage reduction purposes.

Do DKs have this trade off? Death Strike is both damage and mit right?

What about monks?

Bears and warriors get HStrike/Maul considerations. But HStrike hits so piddly, I'd rather just shield block and try and get enraged.

ALSO

Note that they changed Symbiosis for all tanks. No more new mini-CDs:

Protection warriors - Stampeding Shout
Blood death knights - Wild Mushroom: Plague
Protection paladins - Wrath
Brewmaster monks - Bear Hug

Some silly, situational stuff, so Symbi is back to "put it on shad's for tranq, or make it druid's choice".

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Feralmordius
said by Feralmordius:

Ok now what...

So was I just doing it wrong? I though we pallies were supposed to be running with Seal of Truth for single and Seal of Righteousness for AOE.

This should be interesting.

Nuuuuuu mah damage, I was using the same combo, I run Seal of Insight on my holy spec, will give a try tonight on heroics to see if there is a change.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

wabisuke

join:2007-01-23
Philippines
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Yup...damage, mit(improved through mastery), and heal

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Now with this change us Protection Paladin should look into this glyph?

Glyph of the Battle Healer

Using melee attacks while using Seal of Insight heals a nearby injured friendly target, excluding the Paladin, within 30 yards for 30% of damage dealt.

»www.wowhead.com/item=81956
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

I guess its a question of using WoG over SotR, but SotR is still a good thing to use for damage reduction purposes.

I always try to keep 2-3 holy power in store in case I am expecting a big hit for SotR, If I am receiving consistent damage while aoe tanking, I will use WoG on every 2 charges or even stacking to 5 to have a buffer to use twice. Since I will get two charges right away when I CS/HoR and Judge.
--

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Basically, yes. For a Blood DK, Death Strike (a) hits like a truck, (b) heals you for 20% of the damage you've received in the last 5 seconds, and (c) once mastery is activated, provides a damage absorption "shell" called Blood Shield. The part about (c) is that the size of the Blood Shield scales with mastery... so it can get pretty OP pretty quickly.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
nick was asking about trade offs. I think in the area of tradeoffs, DKs just have to game their runes so that a DS is always available. Keeping diseases up and burning blood tap also compete for rune availability to some extent. That is as far as we can take the tradeoff discussion with respect to DKs. They simply don't have to sacrifice dps for survivability... This has been their design since at least 4.2 and it has been solid.

The other tanks are being show-horned into the DK model... and some stretching is still required.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
Immer's got the right of it. I think its somewhat dumb that DKs get max damage and max mitigation from the same rotations/considerations, whereas warriors have to make a tradeoff: do I want take more damage, or do more damage?

To be fair, its not that bad for warriors (and I assume bears) because HStrike hits like a limp noodle, and Execute range isn't long enough to be a major consideration. Was just curious if other classes have that.

An analogy for DKs would be something like Icy Touch hitting harder than Death Strike (which I'm sure is not the case).

ADDENDUM: at the same time, I suspect that's the trade-off for having better passive mitigation. I can still block a significant part of the time if I don't use Shield Block. DKs will take more full face hits than I would if they used Hypothetically-more-damaging-than-Death-Strike Strike (for UF runes) instead of Death Strike.

I think that resolves my moral dilemma.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Runicstrike. It hits harder than death strike, I believe... but its just a filler strike. You can't spam it.