how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
reply to JShovan810

Re: Internet pricing questions

The unfortunate truth is that with cable every few years you have to threaten to quit to get the best rate.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

The longer you stay with a cable company, the higher price you will pay compared to everyone else.

They don't go by loyalty.. just so you know. They figure the longer you've been with them, the harder it would be for you to switch companies. Who wants to change their email after five years of having it? They know this and will push the price up as much as they can until it hits the breaking point which is the call you give them. Then and only then will they lower it again.

Every cable company is this way, not just WOW.

baess

join:2011-01-28

said by Body Count:

And many businesses are that way, not just cable companies. Insurance comes to mind.

To the OP I would speak with the right department (I think WOW calls it quality something or other, but most call it retention). Explain your situation and hopefully you will get the current (notice I don't say new customer) bundle price AND some discounts too.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Yeah Geico is this way as well. Was a customer with them for ten years. One day I shopped around for insurance and saw Allstate beat them by $400 a year. So I called Geico up and told them the situation, the lady I talked to said sorry they can't lower the price for every person that calls in.

So I called Allstate up and set up a policy with them. Called Geico back up to cancel and their tone suddenly changed. They were willing to price match and basically they were shocked I was leaving after ten years. I was like... "You had a chance and blew it so I'm leaving".

At least I got a $5000 comprehensive claim out of them before I left (my car was stolen and the people who stole it ran into a telephone pole)... so the ten years I paid money in wasn't for nothing.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric
reply to Body Count

said by Body Count:

The longer you stay with a cable company, the higher price you will pay compared to everyone else.

They don't go by loyalty.. just so you know. They figure the longer you've been with them, the harder it would be for you to switch companies. Who wants to change their email after five years of having it? They know this and will push the price up as much as they can until it hits the breaking point which is the call you give them. Then and only then will they lower it again.

I don't use WOW's email service or newsgroups, making it all the easier for me to switch . It's been years since I last posted anything to a Usenet group (that I can remember anyways), thanks to DSLReports, HowardForums, AVS Forums, the various automotive owner/enthusiast sites and others that have largely replaced Usenet as a place to read and participate in discussions computer, cell phone, audio/video automotive, home and other topics/issues.