Reviews:
·MTS

Here comes the white stuff...

Warnings
Steinbach - St. Adolphe - Dominion City - Vita - Richer
3:22 PM CDT Wednesday 03 October 2012
Winter storm warning for
Steinbach - St. Adolphe - Dominion City - Vita - Richer issued

Powerful early season winter storm to affect Southeast Manitoba on Thursday.

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

A developing storm system in the Dakotas is forecast to spread into Southern Manitoba tonight, bringing significant amounts of rain to Southeast Manitoba. Some areas could see 20-30 mm or so of rain by Thursday morning. As the night progresses, gusty northerly winds will usher in colder air from the north. With temperatures dropping to the low single digits, the rain will become mixed with snow as the morning approaches.

The storm will intensify significantly throughout the day on Thursday. The heaviest band of precipitation is expected to fall mainly as snow through Southeast Manitoba, where snowfall amounts of anywhere from 10 to 30 cm are expected by the end of the day. Northerly winds gusting to 70 km/h combined with heavy snow will produce whiteout conditions at times. Travel in this area will become increasingly difficult as the day progresses.

The remainder of Southern Manitoba will see a rain/snow mix throughout the day as the temperature hovers in the low single digits. Some areas may see a couple of cm of so of snow accumulation while in others the precipitation will fall mainly as rain. Higher snowfall amounts are also likely along the higher terrain of Western Manitoba.

The heaviest snow will taper off Thursday evening, but a few lingering flurries will likely persist into Friday.

This winter storm will produce poor travelling conditions.

--------------------------------------------

This is just south of the Peg.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3

lol i'm wearing shorts here in southern Ontario!

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

yeah today was a bit on the warm side

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

Oh no... I hate snow...

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to Last Parade

said by Last Parade:

yeah today was a bit on the warm side

Humid too.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
reply to mazhurg

I thought that you meant coke....

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to mazhurg

If it's not near the center of the universe...or if a tree falls in the forest....

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
reply to mazhurg

You do know that weather moves east... DKS Should see some of this stuff by the end of the weekend, I'd gather.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

said by mazhurg:

You do know that weather moves east...

Still...if a tree...

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to urbanriot

said by urbanriot:

lol i'm wearing shorts here in southern Ontario!

Hah! I wore shorts, a t-shirts and sandals to work today. Beautiful outside. In fact, it's warmer right now than it was during most of the day.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to mazhurg

said by mazhurg:

You do know that weather moves east... DKS Should see some of this stuff by the end of the weekend, I'd gather.

Grey County is forecasted for rain with a high of 9-10 over the weekend. Not quite. I have no doubt in my mind that DKS will give us plenty of advanced warning when Owen Sound is due for [explicit removed].

Going to be 20 there tomorrow. Going to be 22 here.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

said by Gone:

said by mazhurg:

Grey County is forecasted for rain with a high of 9-10 over the weekend. Not quite. I have no doubt in my mind that DKS will give us plenty of advanced warning when Owen Sound is due for [explicit removed].

No snow in the long range, but lots of snow for the North West Angle and Lake of the Woods.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
reply to mazhurg

I for one cannot wait to welcome our white winter overlord, may you dump 6-8 feet of the white stuff on us this winter; gosh we can use it.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by I_H8_Spam:

I for one cannot wait to welcome our white winter overlord, may you dump 6-8 feet of the white stuff on us this winter; gosh we can use it.

+1 QFT

I really want to get my skis going, wearing shorts today was weird with the 2C mornings we had a week ago...

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to mazhurg

Oh my bad, I thought this topic referred to DKS shaking his head and dandruff flakes falling to the ground. Well he has side burns at least.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to DKS

said by DKS:

said by Gone:

said by mazhurg:

No snow in the long range, but lots of snow for the North West Angle and Lake of the Woods.

Too warm for us in NE Ontario....It'll be a rain event here with a gloomy high of 6 come the weekend...but the colours are beautiful up here...too bad I don't have a decent digital camera to take photos of it....was a nice drive today back from Manitoulin Island...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to mazhurg

Weather network says it's going to get frosty later in the week,in TO, below average at that.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to mazhurg

We are going to the cottage this weekend to put things away, etc, and the forecast did list flurries as a possibility, then it switched to just rain. And more rain. Then some showers followed by rain. All while cold. The cold I do not mind, I love having a fire going in the cottage and we have the blowers to spread the heat around.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by donoreo:

We are going to the cottage this weekend to put things away, etc, and the forecast did list flurries as a possibility, then it switched to just rain. And more rain. Then some showers followed by rain. All while cold. The cold I do not mind, I love having a fire going in the cottage and we have the blowers to spread the heat around.

Just sit back, enjoy a good cup of freshly roasted coffee and a great book. Or a little snuggling. Rough life...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5

said by J E F F:

said by donoreo:

Just sit back, enjoy a good cup of freshly roasted coffee and a great book. Or a little snuggling. Rough life...

That sounds real good Jeff. Could be a great start to a new novel!!
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

said by donoreo:

With two 6 year olds?
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by donoreo:

said by J E F F:

said by donoreo:

With two 6 year olds?

The Wii always worked for me with the young ones. That, or Gravol.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Anav

said by Anav:

That sounds real good Jeff. Could be a great start to a new novel!!

It's something that people in hot climates could never, ever appreciate.

I can't believe how just perfectly awesome it is today though...really going to miss this weather. But my kids love the cold, so at least they won't be bitchin' that it's too hot outside.
--

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

The Wii always worked for me with the young ones. That, or Gravol.

You mean for me or the kids

markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Execulink Telecom
reply to nitzguy

said by nitzguy:

Too warm for us in NE Ontario....It'll be a rain event here with a gloomy high of 6 come the weekend...but the colours are beautiful up here...too bad I don't have a decent digital camera to take photos of it....was a nice drive today back from Manitoulin Island...

I've never experienced too warm ever in NE Ontario. Gotta travel up there this weekend, traffic, freezing temperatures and in-laws....sorry I can't find much to be thankful for there...

Last year Thanksgiving dinner was outside. I'm going to miss that (even though it will be too cold in Southern Ontario this year).

This is a depressing thread. I'm ok with a light snowfall on Dec 24, then the white stuff can go away. Last year was a decent winter, I would like to order more of them in the future like it.

Ok...the in-laws can be ok...sometimes...

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to mazhurg

Had to call up one of our suppliers in Winnipeg today and spoke with someone I've known for a while. We had a rather amusing conversation about it snowing like crazy in Winnipeg and him wearing a winter parka and scarf to work and it being 25 here in Fort Erie and me wearing shorts and a T-shirt to work again.

That's autumn for ya.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

I'm enjoying the Florida heat at the moment. If was 90 F yesterday. It was amazing.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to mazhurg

Click for full size
Can't believe how spoiled we are getting with this weather....almost 3 months solid of sun.

Of course we know what is coming.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to mazhurg

Here at the cottage. There is a fire going, nice and toasty. Tomorrow my wife has a plan to plant several hundred plant bulbs. Yes, SEVERAL hundred.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

I'm sure they'll be in pretty colour patterns next spring.....well, the 8 that the squirrels don't dig up.