spc
uniqs
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

1 recommendation

Sammer to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Does anyone else smell another Sprint-Nextel catastrophe?

said by FFH5:

The plan to combine networks is very drawn out. Sounds like a failure to me.
»www.theverge.com/2012/10 ··· ion-2015

This deal won't close until at least the middle of next year and the plan is shut down the MetroPCS CDMA network by 2015. How is that very drawn out?

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

said by Sammer:

said by FFH5:

The plan to combine networks is very drawn out. Sounds like a failure to me.
»www.theverge.com/2012/10 ··· ion-2015

This deal won't close until at least the middle of next year and the plan is shut down the MetroPCS CDMA network by 2015. How is that very drawn out?

Agreed this will work out great if done right, this deal is nothing like the sprint/nextel deal, there main problem was trying to integrate 2 different technologies keep both up and running was a nightmare and that was a mess. TMO and Metro have already figured out one network for all customers is the way to go,plain simple and efficient and the lesser of the 2 (metropcs) will shut its network down and migrate everyone over to TMO network, all with letting customers keep there current rate plans and packages ( this could be looked at similarly for Metro pcs as to when ATT turned to into cingular and went from TDMA to GSM).

This may also add a larger coverage footprint with better coverage as areas where Metro currently has towers and TMO does not those will be converted into TMO towers for gsm/hspa/lte use. not to mention in areas where tmo coverage is stretched short if a comparable Metro tower is with in range it will be integrated into the new network Giving customers much better coverage (indoor mostly)which is what TMO customers have complained of for years (due to the high frequency TMO uses), only towers that are directly within a short distance of each other will be shut down.

Now all you need is for TMO-Metro to take advantage of that new coverage area, sure up there network as one, Allow customers to have a broad choice of phones chose LTE for those who want the super high speed data and HSPA for those who don't mind there data a little slower (but still faster than DSL) to see what can be achieved. The combined company (T Mobile Metro?) to run one of those Metro deals but as A special TMO offer of 4 smartphones with unlimited talk, txt, and data ( LTE and/or HSPA) and for the rock bottom price of $100 flat per mth. I only ask one question which im sure would be on the mouths of millions..... WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?