spc
Search similar:

uniqs

northalabama
join:2001-06-18
Huntsville, AL

northalabama

why all the tmo/mpcs hate?

i seem to be one of the few happy about this news. a tmo customer for 10 years, they have the best voice quality in my local mkt, and great data, too.

our att and verizon networks are built on old, broken down infrastructure from companies past, and it isn't getting better with age (or patches).

voice calls on verizon here sound like callers have socks in their mouths (old gte network). att has snail paced data, less coverage than verizon, and not that much more coverage than tmo. att has done little, if anything, to improve their service, only making excuses. were not big enough at 500,000 metro for verizon or att to care.

tmo's network is much higher quality, and has only gotten better over time. sure, i'm not in ny, la, or dallas, but i expect see great things for our neighborhood and others that have been forgotten by the big carriers. go, tmo!

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Re: why all the tmo/mpcs hate?

There has always been some hate in regards to metropcs and t-mobile. It's kinda referred as the poor persons phone company.

It's almost like many verizon & at&t users are saying "I pay double for my phone service, and get less. I'm better than you".

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164

said by djdanska:

There has always been some hate in regards to metropcs and t-mobile. It's kinda referred as the poor persons phone company.

It's almost like many verizon & at&t users are saying "I pay double for my phone service, and get less. I'm better than you".

Sadly this is the insanity we are dealing with. Why in this economy would you pay more for the privilege of less? I get the same service if not better than ATT on Tmo and I'm saving big bucks doing it? People have been lulled into the false idea that you have to pay more over time to get a great phone. Do the math, it's cheaper overtime to get the phone outright and go with a carrier with better rates. Call me cheap if you like, i'll be on vacation while you're paying off your cell bill.

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s to northalabama

Premium Member

to northalabama
said by northalabama:

i seem to be one of the few happy about this news. a tmo customer for 10 years, they have the best voice quality in my local mkt, and great data, too.

our att and verizon networks are built on old, broken down infrastructure from companies past, and it isn't getting better with age (or patches).

voice calls on verizon here sound like callers have socks in their mouths (old gte network). att has snail paced data, less coverage than verizon, and not that much more coverage than tmo. att has done little, if anything, to improve their service, only making excuses. were not big enough at 500,000 metro for verizon or att to care.

tmo's network is much higher quality, and has only gotten better over time. sure, i'm not in ny, la, or dallas, but i expect see great things for our neighborhood and others that have been forgotten by the big carriers. go, tmo!

What your saying is to stick with what your happy with? I couldn't agree with you more and basically that's all I am saying. I had AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. They all have there problems but I have dealt with less from Metro.

Everyone is looking to save a buck these days. Being with Metro for 5 years, I saved a lot of money. So far what I have seen, T-Mobile is not offering anything better than what Metro provides. I do have to say that T-Mobile offers better phones than MetroPCS.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

said by viperpa33s:

said by northalabama:

What your saying is to stick with what your happy with? I couldn't agree with you more and basically that's all I am saying. I had AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. They all have there problems but I have dealt with less from Metro.

Everyone is looking to save a buck these days. Being with Metro for 5 years, I saved a lot of money. So far what I have seen, T-Mobile is not offering anything better than what Metro provides. I do have to say that T-Mobile offers better phones than MetroPCS.

A much faster and larger high speed data network. It may not be LTE but i can download 15-20Mb/s down if not more. But, not everybody needs that.