share rss forum feed

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to kbar

Re: No Program Name with second MoCa bridge

Coax connection stats are good, there's nothing wrong with coax. Asterisk next to Device3 indicates it's the MoCA controller.

Verify at each STB (oops, the one downstairs has no TV hooked up to it) the STB IP. If the STB reports a 169.254.x.x address, then it has lost the router-provided one.

The power down and power up sequence I indicated will fix the problem.

kbar

join:2012-10-02
Highland Park, NJ

hmm. the upstairs STB reports a 192.168.1.100 address, same as the one listed in the router for that STB.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Do Widgets and VOD work on the upstairs STB?

kbar

Highland Park, NJ

1 edit

no they do not.

so i unplugged the splitter downstairs, disconnecting the unused STB and connecting the moca bridge directly to the coax coming off the ONT's splitter, rebooted the STB upstairs, and I got good channel guides. I'm guessing my signal is being split too many times. Is there a way to boost the signal another way, or re-wire my setup?

There is no real way I will be able to run cat5 from the router upstairs to my computer downstairs, due to how the house is laid out.

knordrw

join:2007-09-07
Bethel Park, PA
kudos:1

Silly question, but since you didn't say you tried it, I figured I'd ask.....did you try to just reboot the stb upstairs before changing any wiring? Sometimes, as odd as it seems, that's all that's needed. Especially if it was working, and then you change some of the wiring (like, say, adding a MoCA bridge).

kbar

Highland Park, NJ

I'm about to do this after the presidential debates end

Moca

@bellatlantic.com

"The splitters were installed by the verizon tech, except for the one on the first floor that came with the MoCa bridge."

Where did you get the ECB and what kind of splitter did it come with?