uniqs
andrewlef
join:2012-03-30
Providence, RI

andrewlef to lilstone87

to lilstone87

Re: cox speed bump

said by lilstone87:

Well shaperprobe can be funny depending on the server it test from. As every time you test, or retest shaperprobe test from a different server then the previous test. So sometimes it may be worth running a couple test to see if the upload or download side completes. As I see that happen at times due to the server it is testing from. From what I see, it looks like your now provisioned at 105/20.

Yeah, that sounds about right. There seems to be quite a bit of fluff.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Why the hell is this just in RI? Damn you verizon for not offering FIOS on a nationwide basis..

Rob
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by Rob_:

Why the hell is this just in RI? Damn you verizon for not offering FIOS on a nationwide basis..

Rob

You mad bro? :P Anyways I am sure this will probably spread to other markets in the near future. But just like with any of the upgrades, they have to start somewhere with them, and it appears RI market was the starting point for this. It will be nice once cox makes some kind of an announcement regarding this, as it will give everyone wondering a good ideal with what there intentions are.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

I just feel like were dead last on everything down here.. maybe we can get lucky!!

-Rob
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by Rob_:

I just feel like were dead last on everything down here.. maybe we can get lucky!!

-Rob

Well Rob_ See Profile, Most the time when upgrades are first done. They try, and pick a smaller area to test it on. So if problem's occur, it only affects a smaller number of people. We really don't know what's going on with the RI ultimate upgrades, except there was a speed upgrade. But if it is something cox plans to expand to other markets offering ultimate, it's something they first wanna do a good bit of testing on how the network holds up with these changes.

I want a speed upgrade as much as anyone, and feel ultimate does lack a bit for the monthly cost, and speed provided. That's with me paying $90 a month for ultimate, as I am on a 2 year contract for ultimate for $90 a month. Once it's up cox better be able to offer price around same or lower. Because there is no way I will pay the regular set price of $110 a month for 50/5, just not worth it at this point.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87
said by lilstone87:

said by Rob_:

You mad bro? :P Anyways I am sure this will probably spread to other markets in the near future. But just like with any of the upgrades, they have to start somewhere with them, and it appears RI market was the starting point for this. It will be nice once cox makes some kind of an announcement regarding this, as it will give everyone wondering a good ideal with what there intentions are.

Trust me. it won't roll where the best competition is centurystink.
Cynagen
join:2010-02-02
Phoenix, AZ

Cynagen

dvd536, all the locations that have gotten the 100mbit roll-outs so far are test beds, and locations with higher speed access available from a competitor.

In Rhode Island (Reminder: Test bed), they always seem to get upgrades earlier than most markets, this is because they have FIOS to compete with. I would expect Kansas to get upgrades because of Google Fiber, test bed or not. I do know that as living in the Phoenix test bed, I will at least see 100mbit before the rest of the country does. We got 50mbit after SD but not much longer after they did, and they got it after the east coast test beds did. We're completely turned on now for the 50mbit plan, 8 down bonded, 4 up bonded, now we're just waiting for the throttle to be kicked open a bit, but we'll definitely be last because Centurystink (formerly Qwerst) BARELY catches up over a year after the speed increases to Cox. They only turn us up to keep market dominance here, but that also means we'll still get it sooner than later.