uniqs
share rss forum feed

AB8XL
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Metamora, MI

1 edit

[Exede] TX Light Question

Hello all, I'm new to Exede (installed two days ago) and I'm observing the TX light constantly flickers, while all other lights will be solid and will also do this while the LAN cable is disconnected as well.
Other than this everything is working well, just an observation here since I can't find an explanation and I'm curious to know if this is normal, if others have this and if there is a reason behind it, Thank you.
--
ABIT NF7-S v2.0, AMD 2.4GHz XP3200+, 2GB Crucial PC3200, 4 x 320GB WD Caviar RE drives RAID mode 5 w/Promise FastTrak TX4310 controller, 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RE drives RAID mode 1, Lian-Li PC-60, Antec true430, Windows XP Pro, SBC-DSL 6016kbps/768kbps

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
See this post: »[Exede] SurfBeam 2: Front Panel Indicators

Yes when TX light only is blinking, rest assured, its reporting back to headquarters.

AB8XL
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Metamora, MI
Thanks, I seen that front panel diagram in my manual and on here and thought the TX light was associated with LAN traffic. Knowing it's always active due to the modems own activities clears it up. Thanks

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
I could ask someone who should know, but I suspect some of that blinking is related to SB2 modem saying to headquarters (Gateway), "I'm here boss, shaking that bush."