andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to AkFubar

Premium Member

to AkFubar

Re: CRTC fines foreign telemarketers for do-not-call violations

As I said to Goldberg earlier.Why the fuk do they call them telemarketers?They are imposters/thieves/scammers.Dont fine them for not signing up to the DNCL list.What message are you sending?Sign up for the list and continue on with no worries? Fukin idiots,dont worry about the crimes committed just pay our DNCL penalty...

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by andyb:

....Why the fuk do they call them telemarketers?

They are imposters/thieves/scammers....

Sadly, some of these arses are BOTH.

Any who are more than simply 'honest' telemarketers should be dealt with under other laws than our already toothless DNC list.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by Davesnothere:

said by andyb:

....Why the fuk do they call them telemarketers?

They are imposters/thieves/scammers....

Sadly, some of these are BOTH.

Any who are more than simply 'honest' telemarketers should be dealt with under other laws than our already toothless DNC list.

If these scammers get fined and arrested and whatnot, then you can't keep them on the phone for an hour while they mess with a virtual machine that you created to screw with them, eventually getting to the point where you unleash your anger while they pretend they don't know what a scam and lies are.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by grunze510:

If these scammers get fined and arrested and whatnot....

Sounds gratifyingly evil.

Please, somebody teach me how to do that.

Muahahahahahaaaaa !
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

What? Arrest, or waste people's time?

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by grunze510:

What? Arrest, or waste people's time?

Either has its merits.

However, I was talking about the virtual machine sandboxing stuff. - Have not done that so far.

Another basic angle on the 'time waste' would be that the longer you can keep such an arsehat 'on the line', as it were, the later he/she will get to [trying to rip off] the next victim - a standard tactic which some folks use on ordinary telemarketers.

Personally though, I'm for reaching thru the phone line and wringing their fucking necks - which is why I don't answer such calls anymore - in case I ever got motivated enough to find out how to DO that, in which case y'all might have to email me in the pen.