join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

2 edits

Kardinal to vue666

Mod

to vue666

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

said by vue666:

This thread is not about Maher Arar. It's about Omar Khadr... IF you wish to discuss the Maher Arar case, then kindly start a new thread...

Ahem......it's not about Korea, charging Khadr's mother or a non-existant charge of treason (which you have mentioned at least 4 times), so pointing your finger at others and yelling "OFF TOPIC!!" is amusing.
said by Anav:

Hey take it easy on Vue, hes having problems connecting the dots these days.

Hey, it's impressive that an attempt to connect the dots is being made, given that it's a Rorschach test that is being administered.

[edit = fixed spelling of proper name]
[2nd edit = I swear I wasn't drinking last night....just can't spell]

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

1 edit

Anav

Premium Member

I believe thats Rorschach but my German is rusty. Mein namma ist Llama!!

(edit, try another edit there Kardinal, not rorscharch lol)
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

Just because Arar was awarded $10 million does not mean Khadr will be award any compensation. The last I heard he was going to sue the Federal Government...

And belonging to a terrorist organization like Al Qaeda and engaging in terrorists activities is a crime...

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

In Canada, kidnapping, torture and unlawful detainment for years at a time are crimes. Then again, I think that multiple tasering a defenceless person in an airport and kneeling on their windpipe until a person is dead is also a crime. Well maybe we dont follow the geneva convention anymore but someone elses Corrupted constitution. In any case I will concur that there are many shades of grey here.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by Anav:

In Canada, kidnapping, torture and unlawful detainment for years at a time are crimes.

OK. Which Canadian do you want to see charged for doing so?

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

said by Ian1:

said by Anav:

In Canada, kidnapping, torture and unlawful detainment for years at a time are crimes.

OK. Which Canadian do you want to see charged for doing so?

If I knew any and if I stated their names I fear I would end up in a Turkish refugee camp half dead LOL. I was simply pointing out that some people think that Khadr was possibly not guilty but neither here nor there, how he has been treated is definitely criminal.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

1 edit

vue666 (banned) to Kardinal

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

said by vue666:

This thread is not about Maher Arar. It's about Omar Khadr... IF you wish to discuss the Maher Arar case, then kindly start a new thread...

Ahem......it's not about Korea, charging Khadr's mother or a non-existant charge of treason (which you have mentioned at least 4 times), so pointing your finger at others and yelling "OFF TOPIC!!" is amusing.
said by Anav:

Hey take it easy on Vue, hes having problems connecting the dots these days.

Hey, it's impressive that an attempt to connect the dots is being made, given that it's a Rorscharch test that is being administered.

[edit = fixed spelling of proper name]

You and others allege Khadr was tortured/waterboarded while being held in Guantanamo Bay detention camp. Yet where is your evidence that crime was commited? Who was charged with torturing Khadr?

You and others claim Omar's confession of guilt was obtained through coercion. Where is your proof?

YET you demand I can not make a similar charge of treason against him or his family... I may have claimed treason 4 times BUT how many times has the use of torture on Khadr been mentioned?

Now post your evidence of torture and not someone's opinion torture may have been used...

Kindly lookup the definition of treason and then tell me the actions of Omar and his Khadr family does not apply...

I call the kettle black...