spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

falcon2081

join:2012-08-16
Port Orange, FL

Lightning Modem Issues (Port Forward, DMZ)

For some odd reason port forward and dmz are not working. I am trying to open some ports for my xbox which is connected via wireless and is disconnecting me from xbox live. Seems the xbox ports are not opened when I checked them. I have tried port forward and it didn't work. Then I tried using dmz on the ip address the xbox is on and the ports stayed closed. I have UPnP enabled. I did try opening some random ports on my own PC and that didn't work either. I'm at the point where I will just call BH and have them bridge the modem and use my own router.

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
As I have said many times if Port Forward, DMZ are important to you then Setting Bridge Mode is the best route to take and then just use your own router to customize your Port Forward, DMZ
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

falcon2081

Port Orange, FL
From your answer are you implying that port forward and dmz do not work on the modem?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to falcon2081
Falcon open a direct forums thread and include your IP address and I will fix this from here with your Xbox.

falcon2081

Port Orange, FL
Posted a direct forum thread. I decided on having the modem bridged as I also ordered the asus router you recommended from the other thread.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by falcon2081:

Posted a direct forum thread. I decided on having the modem bridged as I also ordered the asus router you recommended from the other thread.

If you need help with the Asus please let me know
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

falcon2081

Port Orange, FL
Quick question can you bridge the modem or do i have to call in and have them do it over the phone? I'll let you know if I have any issues with the router thanks!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to falcon2081
I can bridge your modem but must be done while I'm at the office which would mean Monday.