All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

Dalton's anti-smoking minions have had enough.

Seems guys smoking in garages and their trucks in small town Ontario has to be cracked down on. What a crock of shit. Considering shops are torching shit off cars the occasional cigarette is a breath of fresh air.

»www.chextv.com/News/LN/1 ··· ork.aspx

Rifleman
Premium Member
join:2004-02-09
p1a

Rifleman

Premium Member

Candians want this kind of control on their lives.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Rifleman:

Ontarians must as they keep supporting a nanny state approach by Dalton. I don't know what goes on outside Ontario.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

Ontarians Torontoids must as they keep supporting a nanny state approach by Dalton.

Fixed it for you.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
Damn straight, where can I make a donation to those minions. Fight the power (of tobacco industry and all their duped lobotomized follower lapdogs).
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

Ontarians Torontoids must as they keep supporting a nanny state approach by Dalton.

Fixed it for you.

Didn't want to post the obvious least I be slagged for TO bashing as some members are sensitive.
peterboro

peterboro (banned) to Anav

to Anav
said by Anav:

Damn straight, where can I make a donation to those minions.

Hey you're in luck. Ernie put in a option for you on your tax return.

Go nuts. Donate, I'm sure there are other wacky initiatives you would support as well if you like what the anti-smoking Nazi's are up to.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to peterboro

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by Rifleman:

Ontarians must as they keep supporting a nanny state approach by Dalton. I don't know what goes on outside Ontario.

Steer clear of Quebec. One of the reasons I moved out of there. Ontario, even with Dalton, is very hands-off in comparison.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to peterboro

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

Seems guys smoking in garages and their trucks in small town Ontario has to be cracked down on. What a crock of shit. Considering shops are torching shit off cars the occasional cigarette is a breath of fresh air.

Given the cost of smoking to the health care system through complications, this is an effective preventative measure. Ever seen someone die of COPD?
DKS

DKS to peterboro

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

Fixed it for you.

Didn't want to post the obvious least I be slagged for TO bashing as some members are sensitive.

Nope. It's across Ontario. The Medical Officers of Health are united on this one.

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut to peterboro

Anon

to peterboro
Sure...

Never mind the toxic, carcinogenic car exhaust, the toxic, carcinogenic, aromatic hydrocarbons, the asbestos dust that still sneaks into this country in cheap, chinese brake linings and the burning rubber and steel under a flaming acetylene torch. The anti smoking nazis have to get all their ducks lined up in a row.

Dalton should take his bloated tax dollar paycheck and rent a clue.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by lugnut :

Sure...

Never mind the toxic, carcinogenic car exhaust, the toxic, carcinogenic, aromatic hydrocarbons, the asbestos dust that still sneaks into this country in cheap, chinese brake linings and the burning rubber and steel under a flaming acetylene torch. The anti smoking nazis have to get all their ducks lined up in a row.

Dalton should take his bloated tax dollar paycheck and rent a clue.

Those are Ministry of Labour matters and yes, they will deal with those. The dirty, vile addiction to tobacco is an MOH matter.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

1 recommendation

Anav to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

Nope. It's across Ontario. The Medical Officers of Health are united on this one.

THey are nothing compared to the self proclaimed Medical Expert from Petrifiedboro
Anav

1 edit

1 recommendation

Anav to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

Given the cost of smoking to the health care system through complications, this is an effective preventative measure. Ever seen someone die of COPD?

How dare yee use logic, financial outcomes and compassion? Tis unfair to use such rapier wit when my bloated tongue sticketh to the roof of my bacteria infested cakehole.
Anav

Anav to Rifleman

Premium Member

to Rifleman
said by Rifleman:

I must admit to being very impressed by your concern RIfleman. Everytime you want to light up you get in your trailer and leave the Province (and country).
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to DKS

to DKS
said by DKS:

Gone was referring to Dalton's support base. Of course the Medical Officers of Health are united when funds are raining down on their units , some with no oversight, from the MOH budget.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

Gone was referring to Dalton's support base. Of course the Medical Officers of Health are united when funds are raining down on their units , some with no oversight, from the MOH budget.

No, folks who are dying support this, too. Dying from COPD is a hell of a way to go. The payback, however, in reduced health costs, is quite high. The next campaign will be to promote moderation in consuming alcohol.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

to DKS
said by DKS:

It's cost effective to blow millions of health care dollars chasing people smoking in their workplace when there are other initiatives being starved for funding at the MOH and health units? Never seen a COPD death but I can imagine it is horrible. I have on the other hand been exposed to the overzealous actions of health unit minions under the legislative umbrella of the Smoke Free Ontario Act with a large budget to pummel citizens with punitive enforcement actions.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

Then make it illegal, already...

I don't smoke cigarettes - (it's the occational cigar, before anyone weigh's in...) - but the anti-tobacco rules and movement, are getting insane, in my opinion.

Where exactly IS is OK to smoke now?

Can't smoke in public places.
Can't smoke at work.
Can't smoke outside (there's entire blocks in Toronto where you can't get the required 9m away from a door)
Can't smoke in your car/truck.
FFS, can't smoke in your own home anymore! »Smoking ban inside your condo - Bylaw passed

If smoking is the root of all evil, then just make it against the law, already, and be done with it.

As for the nanny state, and Flip-Flop McGuinty - it's amazing, no one voted for him, but he got in twice... I've never liked him, never trusted him, and never voted for him. I don't know that the other options would be better (my personal leanings are small 'c' conservative, but whatever) - but after the first term, we all should have known what McGuinty was about - and he was re-elected anyways...
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Anav

to Anav
said by Anav:

THey are nothing compared to the self proclaimed Medical Expert from Petrifiedboro

I love it when the domino effect of confusion cascades.

Petrifiedboro. Come on your monikers are getting worse dude. Step it up or step off.
peterboro

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

No, folks who are dying support this, too. Dying from COPD is a hell of a way to go. The payback, however, in reduced health costs, is quite high.

Of course those dying support this. There are plenty of other things that could be addressed that have a dramatic effect on health care costs. Of course those are left alone as smokers are the low hanging fruit for harassment and easily demonized by the majority of the population reminiscent of the 30s in Germany.
said by DKS:

The next campaign will be to promote moderation in consuming alcohol.

But..but..but alcohol probably causes as much or more death, injury and expense to the health care system so start clamping down on it like cigarettes. Oh, that's right, it's enjoyed by far more of society and would be harder to demonize those who drink even moderately.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to peterboro

to peterboro
Is smoking against the law or not?
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

Then make it illegal, already...

Absolutely. Oh wait...all the self righteous hypocrites who support this would have their services cut and tax burden increased. Oh dear me...best to just get on their soapbox and decry the evil smokers yet pocket the largess from their purchases.
peterboro

peterboro (banned) to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

Is smoking against the law or not?

Depends on a myriad of rules and regs. Bottom line is it is allowed just enough to keep the coffers topped up for the majority of the population to enjoy their current standard of living.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to LazMan

Mod

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

Can't smoke in public places.
Can't smoke at work.
Can't smoke outside (there's entire blocks in Toronto where you can't get the required 9m away from a door)
Can't smoke in your car/truck.
FFS, can't smoke in your own home anymore! »Smoking ban inside your condo - Bylaw passed

The 'home' one is a one-off of a condo association, so we'll leave that aside. The car/truck one.....that's only if there are children in the car, isn't it? I haven't seen anything that says you can't smoke in your car ever, but only if there are children present.

(disclaimer: I'm a non-smoker; I'm just trying to get the facts straight)
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

Sukunai to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
If you live in Toronto and you breath smokers are not the only problem.

I get bad headaches just from breathing city air.

Personally I think smokers are a bit missing something useful between the ears, but, I won't deny the obvious, that cars are a bigger health threat in Toronto than any smokers will ever get to be.

I am glad I live a long way from the urban sprawl. Heck I consider where I live to be too much urban as it goes. I'd rather live 30 minutes north of here where the air actually smells nice.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
Can't smoke in a vehicle if there's minors (under 16, I believe)... That one, I actually have no issues with.

ALSO can't smoke in a vehicle if it's your workplace (truckers, heavy equipment operators, etc)...

As for the home - that condo association's just the thin edge of the wedge... Once you start down a slippery slope, it's tough to stop again...
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Kardinal

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

The car/truck one.....that's only if there are children in the car, isn't it? I haven't seen anything that says you can't smoke in your car ever, but only if there are children present.

Like as mentioned kids or not, if your vehicle is being used for any type of commercial activity then it is verboten. There are literally 10s or 100s of thousands of vehicles that fall into this category.

Now an interesting dynamic is federally regulated workplaces like cross jurisdiction truckers or even telecom workers. Can the province impose safety restrictions of a federal workplace?

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to LazMan

Mod

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

ALSO can't smoke in a vehicle if it's your workplace (truckers, heavy equipment operators, etc)...

Ah, I'd forgotten that one. Thanks.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

For what it's worth, this really doesn't stop them.