spc
uniqs
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

1 recommendation

patt2k to hchen42

to hchen42

Re: [TWC] TWC New York Modem Activation

call Level3 Directly next time here is the number.
866-506-0218
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

hchen42

said by patt2k:

866-506-0218

Thanks. I sure will. Actually the "provision" guy claims he is level 3 tech.

Straphanger
Express is Back
Mod
join:2001-12-08
Whitestone, NY

Straphanger to patt2k

Mod

to patt2k
Called the number just now and didn't have to wait. They just took down my modem model and the MAC address. Told me it would take up to 72 hours...wait for a call back or for my modem to stop working. Took all of 4 minutes to go through it. Hopefully they can provision the new modem sooner rather than later.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

said by Straphanger:

Called the number just now and didn't have to wait. They just took down my modem model and the MAC address. Told me it would take up to 72 hours...wait for a call back or for my modem to stop working. Took all of 4 minutes to go through it. Hopefully they can provision the new modem sooner rather than later.

glad I could help! calling Tier 1 or even 2 is usually not a good experiance.
said by hchen42:

Cool! Yeah, I really wished I have the 866 numbers beforehand. It would have saved me an hour of my life.

Just some more info... I logged into my account today and noticed a service appointment was scheduled on monday. I called and only to find out the "provision" lady scheduled the appointment to pick up the modem. I told TWC to cancel since I was going to drop off the modem. If I didn't log in, the TWC technician would have wasted a trip as I wouldn't be at my apt.

Another happy person glad I could help I've been through this like 2 years back
adrman
Premium Member
join:2007-08-23
New York, NY

adrman to patt2k

Premium Member

to patt2k
said by patt2k:

866-506-0218

Just wanted to say thanks for the phone number. I'm activated. Called 1 time, after 10 minutes on hold, I spoke to an agent who told me to connect the new modem and he'd call my mobile in 10 minutes once it was activated and in the system. After 20 minutes and no sign of life, I called back. After an additional 30 minutes on hold, I was connected to the same agent. "Oh yeah, I wasn't sure on the mac address I wrote down, if it was a 3 or a B." Why he didn't bother to call me back, I have no idea. Anyway, after an additional 20 or 25 minutes on the phone with him, I'm up and running.
nony
Premium Member
join:2012-11-17
New York, NY

nony

Premium Member

Here's the direct number to level3 support -

718-670-0977

-nony