Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to mysec

Premium Member

to mysec

Re: Association of Parasites upset about 'do-not-track' default

I handle them similar to what you do then..and I never worried about any of them..antiquated is good when you publish the code date..and where they were manufactured.
mysec
Premium Member
join:2005-11-29

mysec

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

..antiquated is good when you publish the code date..and where they were manufactured.

Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to...

----
rich

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game

Premium Member

Right ..well this is the pdf of the study..your persistent type cookie is discussed ..along with security risks in section 3. Privacy Concerns section 4.

»www.enisa.europa.eu/acti ··· cookies/
mysec
Premium Member
join:2005-11-29

1 recommendation

mysec

Premium Member

Great article for explaining these things.

This stood out to me:

Web tracking is mainly performed by monitoring IP addresses, and using techniques such as cookies, or the more powerful supercookies

Some sites, such as those belonging to advertising companies, use third-party cookies to track a user across multiple sites. In particular, an advertising company can track a user across all pages where it has placed advertising images or web bugs. Knowledge of the pages visited by a user allows the advertising company to target advertising at the user’s presumed preferences.

Another study shows that not only are these third-parties increasing their tracking of users, but that they can now link these traces with identities and personal information via online social networks [19]. In [20], a behavioural targeting study was performed on an e-commerce site for a clothing line. The results for the analysed case showed that the web site contained a total of nine tracking tags that linked to eight third-party companies.

----
rich