uniqs

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

Re: Dalton's anti-smoking minions have had enough.

said by peterboro:

Ontarians Torontoids must as they keep supporting a nanny state approach by Dalton.

Fixed it for you.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

Ontarians Torontoids must as they keep supporting a nanny state approach by Dalton.

Fixed it for you.

Didn't want to post the obvious least I be slagged for TO bashing as some members are sensitive.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by peterboro:

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

Fixed it for you.

Didn't want to post the obvious least I be slagged for TO bashing as some members are sensitive.

Nope. It's across Ontario. The Medical Officers of Health are united on this one.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

1 recommendation

Anav

Premium Member

said by DKS:

Nope. It's across Ontario. The Medical Officers of Health are united on this one.

THey are nothing compared to the self proclaimed Medical Expert from Petrifiedboro
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to DKS

to DKS
said by DKS:

Gone was referring to Dalton's support base. Of course the Medical Officers of Health are united when funds are raining down on their units , some with no oversight, from the MOH budget.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

Gone was referring to Dalton's support base. Of course the Medical Officers of Health are united when funds are raining down on their units , some with no oversight, from the MOH budget.

No, folks who are dying support this, too. Dying from COPD is a hell of a way to go. The payback, however, in reduced health costs, is quite high. The next campaign will be to promote moderation in consuming alcohol.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Anav

to Anav
said by Anav:

THey are nothing compared to the self proclaimed Medical Expert from Petrifiedboro

I love it when the domino effect of confusion cascades.

Petrifiedboro. Come on your monikers are getting worse dude. Step it up or step off.
peterboro

peterboro (banned) to DKS

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

No, folks who are dying support this, too. Dying from COPD is a hell of a way to go. The payback, however, in reduced health costs, is quite high.

Of course those dying support this. There are plenty of other things that could be addressed that have a dramatic effect on health care costs. Of course those are left alone as smokers are the low hanging fruit for harassment and easily demonized by the majority of the population reminiscent of the 30s in Germany.
said by DKS:

The next campaign will be to promote moderation in consuming alcohol.

But..but..but alcohol probably causes as much or more death, injury and expense to the health care system so start clamping down on it like cigarettes. Oh, that's right, it's enjoyed by far more of society and would be harder to demonize those who drink even moderately.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

. The next campaign will be to promote moderation in consuming alcohol.

Thank you Tea Totaler DKS. Cigs are one thing, cutting off people's booze , now you are ready to entice a riot!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS to peterboro

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

But..but..but alcohol probably causes as much or more death, injury and expense to the health care system so start clamping down on it like cigarettes. Oh, that's right, it's enjoyed by far more of society and would be harder to demonize those who drink even moderately.

Just wait about 6 months.
DKS

DKS to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Thank you Tea Totaler DKS. Cigs are one thing, cutting off people's booze , now you are ready to entice a riot!

I said MODERATION, not prohibition.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Define "Moderation".

Does Dalton increase taxes on booze in the name of "Social Responsibility".
Does Dalton curtail the hours of the LCBO to make it harder to get booze.
Does Dalton shut down the Wine Stores?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by elwoodblues:

Define "Moderation".

Nope. Those aren't on the radar. Sin taxes are a revenue matter, not a health matter. Moderation means developing a culture where binge drinking is strongly discouraged, among other things.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by DKS:

said by elwoodblues:

Define "Moderation".

Nope. Those aren't on the radar. Sin taxes are a revenue matter, not a health matter. Moderation means developing a culture where binge drinking is strongly discouraged, among other things.

BUT DKS,you've hit the nail on the head, Moderation leads to less revenue, and thus has to be made up elsewhere.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to peterboro

to peterboro
i actually support anti-smoking, they uesd to smoke in my workplace when i was young, and it bothered me, im alergic to it, so why should they be able to affect my health and get away with it