share rss forum feed

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to dave

Re: Association of Parasites upset about 'do-not-track' default

When i go to the Microsoft DNT Test Page..
»ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/brows···ult.html

My Google Chrome Do Not Track Blocker stops this crap on their DNT page.

2 ad networks tracking you: 2 blocked

Advertising opt-out cookies are ON.
Microsoft (Atlas Technology)
Omniture

1 company tracking you: 1 blocked
Omniture

That's three Blocks
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
Microsoft Advertising -Atlas Technology

Why Atlas Rich Media?
Rich media ads engage audiences and get results. They raise brand awareness and purchase intent. And they enable sophisticated tracking techniques that reveal precisely how consumers interact with your ads. With Atlas Rich Media, you can take full advantage of all of these benefits no matter what sites you advertise on.

Here’s how we can make a difference for you:
Full Integration: You don’t need a different vendor for rich media and in-stream video. Create, test, and deliver creative using a unified platform for campaign planning, reporting, and optimization. And, after all of the effort you’ve put into your rich media ads, make sure that you’re accurately measuring the ads’ contribution to your campaign’s conversions and overall success by using the Engagement Mapping measurement standard.
No Compromises: We provide full support across all major browsers. You can create and serve anything in Flash without forced templates or restrictive guidelines. Build any type of ad (in-page, expanding, floating, in-page, in-stream, or in-game video) and track over 70 unique events, such as: rollovers, internal navigation, completed playback times, impressions, click-throughs, and conversions.

»advertising.microsoft.com/atlas-···benefits
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Name Game
Ghostery finds those but it doesn't detect either Atlas or Omiture at that Microsoft test page (on Fx4) but that is because Proxo has blocked them and gobbled up most of the web bugs also. Ghostery gets the leftovers Proxo doesn't get.

That Microsoft test page tells me how to enable private browsing in Fx. I know how to do that! But private browsing is worthless because the price for it is way too high. You have no History when you do that and in Fx it screws up my superior cookie settings also so I won't ever do it. History is extremely important and Fx keeps History, as of Fx 4, for as long as is possible given the amount of RAM you have. That is wonderful...no expiring history...well, on my current computer it won't expire for about two years because I am limited in the amount of RAM that the motherboard will support. On a new computer, I will have enough RAM that history will never expire. Why does no tracking mean no history? They should not be tied together like that! Nor should cookie management be tied to no tracking either. STUPID. So, I use Proxo and Ghostery instead of worthless "private" browsing.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit
Yes..well your 'highly configurable' Firefox4 really was not all the good. They might do it this way

»www.firefoxfacts.com/2009/07/01/···and-faq/

But my browser of choice does not.. can you explain how proxo blocked atlas and omiture...a link please as to the method. And when you say ghostery detects those..those what ? and how since you say proxo took care of them first ? all very confusing.
Now ..I thought that in FX5 they made it more configurable..and your versions is no longer supported

»www.julianevansblog.com/2011/06/···ity.html

--
Gladiator Security Forum

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
Ghostery and ABP

Name Game