spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

TreeTopFlyer

join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
reply to thender

Re: Networking quickbooks - network quality.

After reading your other thread I would say your problem is your network. I have a client using QBE with over 18,000 products and I don't know how many thousands of customers (they've been in business for over 35 years) and we don't have a speed issue. This is with 10 workstations running QB. We do however have several Cisco SGE2000 24 port gig switches and a SGE2000P 24 port PoE switch for the phones. Every thing is set up with VLANs and QoS implemented. We actually have QB running on the Domain Controller for the network (SBS 2011) so it is actually running Exchange also. This is on I7-2700K hardware with 16 Gigs of memory.

If your workstations are running Win7 you should fine tune the network on each of the workstations. Win7 is very tuneable for network performance.

QuickBooks is the only accounting package being used at this location so it gets used for everything (invoicing, receiving, AP, AR, etc.). Shipping is also handled through QBs using ShipGear.

My point is that to get a business class network you have to spend some money on business class hardware and then tune it. Granted, QBE is not the fastest sw product in the world but with a proper network it is useable.