Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Hockey parents face respect course deadline II

Looks like the respect course has moved East to the Maritimes.
»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/n ··· rse.html

What I find amusing is that one parent complains, "If I don't have the chance to take it right now, this month or next month or whatever, why should my child suffer for that?" she said.
"He shouldn't be hauled out of hockey at all. I don't agree with that."

I must admit it seems to be a cash grab at $12 a pop.
Personally if there is a cost the leagues should pay and not the Parent, but heres the kicker. If a parent is asked to be removed from a game and because they have completed the form, they should be fined $2000 and banned for the rest of the season from attending.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Cash grab for sure, but something is needed. There are too many parents who seem to forget it is just a game.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to Anav

to Anav
As a hockey parent, I agree this is needed. A lot of parents don't seem to realize these coaches are all volunteers. The amount of pressure I have seen placed on some kids is horrifying

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Dunlop:

As a hockey parent, I agree this is needed. A lot of parents don't seem to realize these coaches are all volunteers. The amount of pressure I have seen placed on some kids is horrifying

Not only volunteers, but often parents as well. The embarrassment the kids must feel at the actions of their parents.
Just let the kids have fun.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Anav

to Anav
said by Anav:

Personally if there is a cost the leagues should pay and not the Parent

That would just be rolled into the registration fees. Then parents with multiple kids in hockey would be paying it multiple times.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

said by bt:

said by Anav:

Personally if there is a cost the leagues should pay and not the Parent

That would just be rolled into the registration fees. Then parents with multiple kids in hockey would be paying it multiple times.

True enough. :-(