Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
kudos:1

Samsung

You lost deal with it! You are thieves and stole from Apple.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA

2 recommendations

said by brianiscool:

No.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

cpsycho

join:2008-06-03
HarperLand
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·Wightman Telecom

1 recommendation

reply to brianiscool

Thing is Cr-apple should not have won, when prior art said they could not win. Square with round corners, Cr-apple: "yeah we came up with that idea". In reality they did no such thing. They just had the jury stocked with apple supporters and a judge that was an apple supporter.

fanboiiscool

@ibm.com
reply to brianiscool

said by brianiscool:

Sorry fanboiiscool, but they lost because of a stacked deck. And now the world is getting a peek under the covers of the hampster cage that is the american court system. Fair and just my left butt check.

The courts have become about popularity and who you can buy !

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

2 recommendations

reply to cpsycho

said by cpsycho:

Thing is Cr-apple should not have won, when prior art said they could not win. Square with round corners, Cr-apple: "yeah we came up with that idea". In reality they did no such thing. They just had the jury stocked with apple supporters and a judge that was an apple supporter.

The round corner thing is ludicrous, but also a juror not indicating a potential conflict in a case of this size is unacceptable.

Nobody should own round corners, if Apple does, no car, no flashlight, or door knob, or spoon / spork is safe.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to cpsycho

said by cpsycho:

Was it really "square with round corners"? If so, they certainly should not have won as their devices are rectangles with round corners.

cpsycho

HarperLand

I made a boo boo, you can sue me for a billion dollars.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

said by cpsycho:

Yes I can because I hold a patent on making boo boo's.

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to fanboiiscool

said by fanboiiscool :

said by brianiscool:

Sorry fanboiiscool, but they lost because of a stacked deck. And now the world is getting a peek under the covers of the hampster cage that is the american court system. Fair and just my left butt check.

+1 and QFTFT!
--
Ich habe kein Mitleid - Me
You're a daisy if you do. - Doc Holliday
And as always, have nice day.

cpsycho

HarperLand
reply to ropeguru

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
reply to brianiscool

Um, no, and if you want to get technical, Samsung has patents on the 4g technology apple is using in their Iphone5..

Personally I'm looking forward to a retrial and hopefully see a smackdown on the crying.. I would rather apple come back with an even greater product than to just sue the competition...

Lame

TheHelpful1
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to mob

said by mob:

said by fanboiiscool :

said by brianiscool:

+1 and QFTFT!

QFTFT???
--
"My weakness is that I care too much"

Suntop
Premium
join:2000-03-23
Fairfield, MT
Reviews:
·3Rivers Communic..

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to brianiscool

You sir are a fool. Apple stole ideas SINCE THEY STARTED... Xerox anyone? And you Apple fan, do some research and find out about that company you are defending! Example, the iPAD the design was based on a media device that was released by another company that made it in 2005 or 2006 before the iPad was released.

Oh on a side note, Microsoft is just as bad. But they stole from APPLE who stole.... It is so sad no one remembers computer history. For example M$-Dos was bought for around $50,000 from Seattle Computer. Which is not even 10% of what Microsoft should of given the creator of DOS. They should have at least given the creator a few million.

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
reply to TheHelpful1

said by TheHelpful1:

QFTFT???

Quoted For The Fvcking Truth

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to fanboiiscool

said by fanboiiscool :

the hampster cage

where any good lawyer can uncover dirty laundry to defend his assertion the deck was stacked. Lift the lid and you'll see it's all a card game.

Thanks for the really mixed metaphor.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Suntop

said by Suntop:

It is so sad no one remembers computer history. For example M$-Dos was bought for around $50,000 from Seattle Computer. Which is not even 10% of what Microsoft should of given the creator of DOS. They should have at least given the creator a few million.

They paid (what was at the time) a huge amount, for an O/S they weren't sure they could resell. BTW at that time MS didn't have a few million, even the $50k was risking everything. Had the IBM thing not worked out, MS would likely have been a blip on the PC timeline.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

reply to brianiscool

said by brianiscool:

Try paying attention.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Suntop

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S_JgkiW3qI

tanzam75

join:2012-07-19
reply to Suntop

said by Suntop:

Oh on a side note, Microsoft is just as bad. But they stole from APPLE who stole.... It is so sad no one remembers computer history. For example M$-Dos was bought for around $50,000 from Seattle Computer. Which is not even 10% of what Microsoft should of given the creator of DOS. They should have at least given the creator a few million.

If you want to appear more than 13 years old, I recommend that you cool it with the "M$." That stuff became old in 2002.

As a matter of fact, the creator of MS-DOS did get millions -- at least a few, possibly more.

Tim Patterson later went to work for Microsoft over three separate stretches. The pre-IPO stock options he got would've made him a deca-millionaire, assuming they vested before he left.

He also went back to work for Microsoft post-IPO, in 1990. This time, he stayed 8 years, so those options definitely vested. He would've become at least a millionaire, even if he sold immediately upon vesting. If he held onto them until he left, he would've become a multi-millionaire.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
reply to brianiscool

said by brianiscool:

Hey brianisStunned?

No.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
reply to brianiscool

But Apple buys from Samsung! So even if Samsung lost the case, Samsung is still making bank. Unless Apple fired them as a supplier ;P

Suntop
Premium
Fairfield, MT
reply to tshirt

Well I cannot argue that HOWEVER they could have shared the profits later to the guy. Maybe they did with stock or something. I do not know.

Suntop
Premium
Fairfield, MT
reply to tanzam75

My apologies. I did not mean to make you think that. Excuse me for being a lil silly when I WROTE IT. And thank you for letting me know that he did get paid properly for that. I did not know that till now.

tanzam75

join:2012-07-19

Don't worry about it. I've also written silly things from time to time.

Best way I've found of avoiding this is to do my research ahead of time. That way, I can form my opinions based on facts instead of assumptions.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Suntop

Tim Paterson the guy who wrote it (and designed a basic computer to go with it.) actually worked for MS several times
Rod Brock the guy who hired Paterson to work at SCP go $50k and a lifetime license to MS-DOS made a few million reselling it and then recieved another million when MS bought the license back.
So everyone did ok, but it is business, you plan to buy low and sell high, but holding out for highest may leave you with a bunch of rotting fruit.

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to brianiscool

Hardly. There's been "stealing" from all sides.
This is all just stupid. IP law is ridiculous.

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ropeguru

said by ropeguru:

said by cpsycho:

Yes I can because I hold a patent on making boo boo's.

You made Honey Boo Boo?

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pandora

said by pandora:

said by cpsycho:

The round corner thing is ludicrous, but also a juror not indicating a potential conflict in a case of this size is unacceptable.

Nobody should own round corners, if Apple does, no car, no flashlight, or door knob, or spoon / spork is safe.

Crapple's lawyers are already researching this.

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

1 recommendation

reply to fuziwuzi

said by fuziwuzi:

said by brianiscool:

No.

Hell No.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to Suntop

Come on now. If they guy knew what his OS was going to be worth in the future, he wouldn't have sold the rights to it for $50k.

And if he knew the potential, he would have put together his own way to market and sell it.

Microsoft didn't really owe him anything after buying it. That's how business works.