Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to LazMan

Re: Dalton's anti-smoking minions have had enough.

said by LazMan:

ALSO can't smoke in a vehicle if it's your workplace (truckers, heavy equipment operators, etc)...

This one I have huge issues with (and I don't smoke), I'm sitting in my crane 100's of feet in the air, and putting aside that they'll never catch me, who cares if I smoke in my cab?

What I've said for years is that they are nibbling away at smoking (similar to Abortion in the US) ,while it's "legal", there are a myriad of rules and regulations to prevent you from doing so.

The problem is not going to go away with preventing smoking in condos/workplace vehicles/ etc, nor if it's made illegal will it go away,you need to find away to help people wean off the nicotine addiction(not to mention the oral fixation), forcefully if need be.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

said by elwoodblues:

What I've said for years is that they are nibbling away at smoking (similar to Abortion in the US) ,while it's "legal", there are a myriad of rules and regulations to prevent you from doing so.

And they will use this against their next target as a precedent. So if your vice, hobby or any lifestyle choice isn't a target now it could be and they will look to their harassment of smokers as a template.