how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mason2
Saceur
Premium
join:2006-01-06

[WildBlue] My modem uploaded 10MB of data last night! Magic!

Ive been having problems with WildBlue for a couple of months.

Im on their cheapest plan. 7500MB down, 2300 up on what they creatively call a "rolling schedule" which, frankly, makes no sense at all, but whatever.

After replacing 2 modems and the guts (tria?) on the dish itself my download is no longer going through the roof and reflects actual usage.

My upload, however, is still artificially elevated. I turned off everything, iCloud syncing, etc. but still the upload climbed.

Keep in mind that EVERYTHING in my home connects to the internet via a WAP. Nothing has a wired connection... except the WAP itself to the Wildblue modem.

So last night I unplugged the WAP for the night. The only device connected to the internet was the modem.

This morning I plugged back in and immediately checked the usage.

OVERNIGHT MY UPLOAD USAGE WENT UP 10MB.

Has anyone heard of a modem uploading 10MB of data all by its lonesome?

Cheers.
--
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.

wm4bama

join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL
Well, keep in mind that the WB usage counters are not updated real-time...they can be up-to 24 hours behind, so it's possible you had used those 10mB's before you disconnected your router and the WB counters updated overnight..

If you're using Icloud that would explain large uploads, but again the WB counters may not reflect that until the next day...
--
Exede12, ViaSat-1, beam 342, Albuquerque Gateway, Denver AcceleNet servers