All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
DougHo
join:2012-05-21
Orlando, FL

DougHo to Cisco Kid

to Cisco Kid

Re: [Internet] Lightning speeds bumped *slightly* in Pinellas?

Mine in Orlando had remained at 40.8/5.17 (SamKnows test every couple hours; or slightly slower using BHN test) UNTIL I power-cycled Moto modem this morning. After modem power-cycle, got 47/6 (Speakeasy Speed Test). I am Lightning-only customer (until tomorrow when I add limited Basic TV).
Thenightman4
join:2012-02-12

Thenightman4

There is a thought Cisco Kid. Maybe power cycle your modem and recheck the speeds. Remember to take out the battery in modem when power cycling to insure it.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid

Anon

That was it.....speeds using BHN Site just now 45.32/5.66. Second time I performed the Test the site connected with Indy....34.3/4.3

I have always felt that BHN does so many things great; but; their communications need some real improvement. Why not let customers know well in advance they are bumping up the Internet speeds as opposed to Customers finding out on their own?

Like the new Guide; I got an automated call that the new Grey Guide was coming....2 days after I got it. When they release a Guide maybe months later we will get an insert in out Bill outlining changes...but rarely are they instructions.

Isn't this the "Horse before the Cart"

simba1994
join:2002-02-10
Seminole, FL

simba1994 to Thenightman4

to Thenightman4
said by Thenightman4:

Maybe power cycle your modem and recheck the speeds. Remember to take out the battery in modem when power cycling to insure it.

That would explain the bump in my speeds a few days ago. I was moving some equipment around in my entertainment center and rebooted the modem manually after reconnecting the router.