Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

[MoP] 2.7 mil copies sold subs over 10 mil

say what you will this game is still king

PARIS, France -- October 4, 2012 -- Following the September 25 global rollout of World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™, the new expansion to the world’s #1 subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that millions of players have already joined the fight for Pandaria. During the first week of launch, prior to the release in China on October 2, the expansion had already sold through approximately 2.7 million copies and the game’s global player base passed 10 million subscribers, with growth across all major regions.*

“With Mists of Pandaria, we set out to expand on the sense of fun and discovery that’s always been at the heart of World of Warcraft -- in addition to adding a huge variety of new content and features to the game,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “It’s been gratifying to see the results of all of the work we put into this expansion and to hear all of the positive feedback from players so far.”

The World of Warcraft development team is already hard at work on the first major post-launch content update. Further details, including features and release timing, will be provided in the weeks ahead

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

"With Mists of Pandaria, we set out to expand on the sense of fun and discovery thats always been at the heart of World of Warcraft"

Expanding daily quests from 35 minutes to three go fuck yourself hours a day!

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

And yet people still complain about the removal of attunements, for example. People meed to make up their mind, bitch about the removal of hardcore aspects and then bitch when some make it back in.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

I like attunements but fuck off with dailies. It's a time sink for a lack of real content.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

and traversing the fucking globe wasn't a time sink?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
the only problem I have with the dailies is how they tied the ability to spend Valor points to them. If you are power-grinding through dungeons, you shouldn't ALSO have to grind out rep to spend your valor. But it's a minor gripe on my end... I like the dailies themselves.

I also like that you'll have to fully clear the second raid to get into the third.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

And the first to get into the second.

I'm pretty sure.

I mean, gearing wise you want to do that anyways, and you have plenty of time, but still.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
exactly immer, it makes the killings of raid bosses more gratifying imo, the hard work you put in is justified, attunement sucked balls for filling in pugs back when, the player base is older , more going on in thier lives and cant always fill a raid roster now you can pug a healer or tank that has put in the work and go.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
I have never liked the idea of Attunements after dealing with it in Everquest. Mainly because when it comes to raid based attunements you get the problem either having to go back to catch people up or facing the issue of losing a guild member as you leave them behind just because maybe they missed that one important attunement raid due to a family issue calling them away that night.

It was a huge issue in EQ until they setup the 75% rule where only 75% of a raid had to be attuned.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Mike

to Mike
Because perpetually running new members through SSC, TK, and MH just yo run BT as progression was a load of fun and certainly not what could be considered a pointless grind, especially if your guild subscribed to the revolving door policy.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

Because perpetually running new members through SSC, TK, and MH just yo run BT as progression was a load of fun and certainly not what could be considered a pointless grind, especially if your guild subscribed to the revolving door policy.

This is something I hope we can avoid in MoP. Guilds split over this crap in BC.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
I'm more curious as to what'll happen once the Annual Pass numbers fall off. I'll probably drop too once my subscription obligation is done. Of course, there might be something worth sticking around that'll be published between now and Jan...but barring that, nah. Pandas just don't do it for me to continue a $15/month regimen.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Adalicia

Mod

to Adalicia
If you had to keep running members through low level instances, sounds like your guild was bad or had a lax recruitment policy.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

^^ there it is.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

If you had to keep running members through low level instances, sounds like your guild was bad or had a lax recruitment policy.

guess there were a lot of bad guilds. So what did all of the good guilds with good recruitment policies do? Just quit playing?
said by MMO-Champion: Press Release :

Before Wrath of the Lich King came out, less than one percent of the playerbase actually experienced Sunwell.

We don't need a repeat of this garbage.
jofos
join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

jofos to Mike

to Mike
said by Mike:

Back in the day we would have three teams going. We would always run people on off nights in case we lost some one. WOW was almost like a second job, a fun job but a job none the less.
Sadly I don't think that any of the people that I played with back then still play. I haven't played wow since about this time last year. The fact is (to me at least) weather its attunements, dailies, or whatever, its the people that you play with that make games fun.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Mike

to Mike
Because during TBC SSC and TK were low level instances and didn't offer any loot that remained BiS for some classes.

Bad or lax recruiting policy or maybe second fiddle in terms of progression on a medium pop server. Why bother working on Archimond when I can join the other progression guild, at that time, get a free pass to Illidan?

Ultimately it doesn't matter because attunements as we knew them will never come back. I just find it humorous when the elite hardcore vocal minority bitch about how the game has become so casual friendly and then bitches even more when some semblance of an old hardcore grind aspect resurfaces.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to cymraeg

Anon

to cymraeg
I would like the dailies a lot more if mobs dropped gathering types of materials. If blizz would let us farm some herbs, ore, leather off these mobs, I would not be as torn about doing these over farming mats to make darkmoon deck on an alt

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Play a tailor or enchanter. Cloth and greens a plenty.

If they do that I would demand nodes I can idly farm for cloth and enchanting mats...

See how that works. You get nodes. Roll a druid.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by Adalicia:

Play a tailor or enchanter. Cloth and greens a plenty.

If they do that I would demand nodes I can idly farm for cloth and enchanting mats...

See how that works. You get nodes. Roll a druid.

I heart you.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to cymraeg

Anon

to cymraeg
You hit the point but in the wrong way, you already have a node for cloth /ench......daily mob kills. My lvl 85 lock echanter is closing in on 600 (will get it this weekend) and my lvl 85 sp is almost maxxed at tailoring from my hunter doing dailies. It is my lw , my 2 Bs, my 3 inscriptionist and my 2 alchy's that are not skilling up and my hunter is eng/jc so I have no more time after dailes to gather. I would love to have more time to work on getting a darkmoon deck and or inscrip staff but no time left for the herbs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
I dislike the new talent selection. As confusing as the old talent tree was, I liked it better.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
Give it 90 days, or until May of next year.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to tuladrin

to tuladrin
I got a toon with basically every profession. If you seriously want to bitch about the amount of time it takes to mine and herb you're either really fucking lazy or just an idiot. Leatherworking is pretty much the same as tailoring. Not every mob drops cloth, not every mob drops leather and most assuredly not every mob drops greens or blues to be sharded.

You know, the obvious other option for the lazy is to use these oh so easy professions to make a profit and turn around and purchase these oh so difficult crafting mats.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to cymraeg

to cymraeg
I really don't understand the qq... Part of me misses attunements, so the dailies is similar to an extent. But people qqing are the ones that want it all.

No one said you HAVE to do every daily every day.. Shit pick 1 or 2 factions and go to town. And honestly anyone complaining about the time it takes to do dailies kills me as well. whaa whaa I have to solo dailies for 3 hours because I want to play an mmo by myself... L2 group.

Its not like you can just outright by all of the valor stuff at one time. Hell most pieces will take atleast 2 weeks to buy. Its pretty easy to farm to revered with the faction of the piece you'd like in 2 weeks. People expect this to be the atrocity that was Cataclysm where you could be near BiS 2 days after hitting max level. I honestly believe the people complaining have never played another mmo as seriously as they play wow.

They have already addressed plans for alts to not have to rep grind so heavily, so people need to calm it down now. Profeesions this xpac were a complete joke. Hell I'm certain every proffession aside from engineering was completed within 25 min of mop hitting servers on sargeras and eng was maybe 35 min in.. I can't recall any other xpacs professions being so bland.

Im not saying I dont enjoy the xpac, I do, but the amount of people incessantly whining boggles my mind.
Expand your moderator at work

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia

Re: [MoP] 2.7 mil copies sold subs over 10 mil

said by Adalicia:

You know, the obvious other option for the lazy is to use these oh so easy professions to make a profit and turn around and purchase these oh so difficult crafting mats.

Meanwhile, my gold mountain still comes from farming the AH this exact way. Never quite understood the mat QQ. AH craps out more gold than I know what to do with.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Arsinic

Premium Member

to Arsinic
We need reputation tabards for us dungeon crawlers.
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to cymraeg

to cymraeg

Sunwell: Wow, thank you so much for this award! I would like to thank...

*kanye pops up on stage and takes the microphone*

Kanye: YO Sunwell, I'm really happy for you, and ima let you finish, but Ulduar had one of the best raids of ALL TIME!! Of ALL TIME!

*gives mic back to Sunwell*

Sunwell: ......

*Sunwell walks off stage*

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

And yet people still complain about the removal of attunements, for example. People meed to make up their mind, bitch about the removal of hardcore aspects and then bitch when some make it back in.

The problem with quotes like these is they assume it's the same people who are complaining.