spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

New Disney deal, ESPN3 and 3D coming

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but Cablevision will launch new services from Disney including it tablet-based Watch products, broadband service ESPN3 and ESPN 3D. Cablevision will also carry ABC News' upcoming joint venture with Univision for a 24-hour English-language channel aimed at Hispanics.

"This significant agreement ensures that our customers will continue to have access to dozens of ABC, Disney and ESPN networks for years to come and, for the first time, they will be able to enjoy Disney and ESPN programming outside the home," said Cablevision president and CEO James Dolan in a statement. "It includes the launch of new services, like ESPN3, and expanded availability of high-quality On Demand content, which is a key element of our video strategy and value proposition to customers."

»www.multichannel.com/new ··· n/139613
mws192
join:2007-09-11

mws192

Longhorn Network, WatchESPN, WatchDisney and WatchABC too.

The 70 services in the pact announced Thursday also cover ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, ESPNEWS, ESPN Classic, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN FullCourt and Longhorn Network, as well as retransmission consent for WABC-TV and WPVI-TV, and more than 10 high-definition networks. Cablevision customers will receive broad access to existing authenticated products like WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and WATCH Disney Junior, the to-be-launched WATCH ABC and WATCH ABC Family services and WatchESPN.

»www.variety.com/article/ ··· 18060259
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

Goal Line and Buzzer Beater are new too.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to RemyM

to RemyM
I wish we could opt-out. It would probably knock $10/month off my bill.

tiger_scout
join:2010-02-20

tiger_scout to RemyM

to RemyM
I wonder when it starts?

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to RemyM

Premium Member

to RemyM
there is more value in the "Gold" package by adding the remaining SD premium movie channels in HD.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

Are the remaining SD movie channels available in HD anywhere? I kind of think it would be cool to add all the movie channel west coast feeds to the packages. It would double the selection, but would give the packages more value. Yes, it's 3 hour delay but who cares? You'd have double the number of channels to choose from.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

2 edits

EliteData

Premium Member

said by Jmartz0:

Are the remaining SD movie channels available in HD anywhere? I kind of think it would be cool to add all the movie channel west coast feeds to the packages. It would double the selection, but would give the packages more value. Yes, it's 3 hour delay but who cares? You'd have double the number of channels to choose from.

and a chance to watch a missed movie, 3 hours later.
ive seen the SD ones CV carries, presented in HD on other source providers, like starz cinema in HD for example.
maybe wilth See Profile is reading this, maybe not but really, all those of us that do subscribe to the silver/gold package, its just pure income for CV, so please give us the value we deserve with these packages, give us the remaining SD premium movie channels in HD, thank you.
jpr281
join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

jpr281 to tiger_scout

to tiger_scout
said by tiger_scout:

I wonder when it starts?

I don't know but it would be nice to have ESPN Goal Line for college football today.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno to EliteData

Anon

to EliteData
Im hopeful that the new deal they announced with CBS last mpnth will at least mean the rest of the Showtime channels are delivered in HD: Showtime Beyond, Showtime Women and Showtime Next.
RateHike
join:2012-09-12

RateHike to RemyM

to RemyM
Can i watch espn3 on my computer if all I have is optimum online?
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

It doesn't look like it, based on what it says on the TV to Go page:

»www.optimum.net/tvtogo

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

but you sure can if you know someone who is willing to give you a login & password from their account.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

You also can watch it if you steal cable from your neighbors, but his question did not seem to ask for illegal answers, instead asking if his optimum ID would have permissions for it. He could already get someone's credentials for ESPN3 if that was his goal.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by frdrizzt:

You also can watch it if you steal cable from your neighbors...

not if the QAM channel is encrypted and/or the box and NDS card in possession are not authorized.
EO50
join:2005-01-23
united state

EO50 to RemyM

to RemyM
ESPN3 is nice. Get some college games I've missed in the past.
snork
join:2007-03-09
West Milford, NJ

snork to RateHike

to RateHike
You may be able to watch ESPN3 w/o a TV subscription. At my work we have fios and can watch ESPN3 but not the WatchESPN channels (which rebroadcast regular ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU online).

zeus54
@optonline.net

zeus54 to RemyM

Anon

to RemyM
So when are these channels ever going to go live?
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to snork

to snork
said by snork:

You may be able to watch ESPN3 w/o a TV subscription. At my work we have fios and can watch ESPN3 but not the WatchESPN channels (which rebroadcast regular ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU online).

This is also what I see stated on ESPN3's FAQ after now checking. Thanks for clarifying.
HoundNJ
join:2010-10-08
Denville, NJ

HoundNJ

Any new news when we'll be getting ESPN3.

Masterchewy
join:2004-11-02
Hartsdale, NY

Masterchewy

Espn 3 is finally up and running.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

looks like you need to sign up with espn
using your optimum is not used
just what i need, another id to manage
HoundNJ
Denville, NJ

HoundNJ to RemyM

to RemyM
Just tryed to access ESPN3 from my home PC. Made a new account. Able the access the ESPN site but not able to access ESPN3.
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

2 edits

RemyM

I didn't have to do anything. I selected a game from the ESPN3 archive and it played. The top right of the web page said "powered by optimum".

On the upcoming schedule there are no "key" symbols on the ESPN3 events, just the other watch ESPN channels. So we may be limited to ESPN3 for now since that is just based on your ISP while the other channels require you to have a TV subscription to them.
HoundNJ
Denville, NJ

HoundNJ to RemyM

to RemyM
When I try to access any video I get this message. We are unable to confirm ESPN3 access. Please verify that you are a customer of an ESPN3 affiliated provider. I then click on Cablevision from the drop down menu and that as far as it goes.
BarryS14
join:2007-02-12

BarryS14 to RemyM

to RemyM
Click for full size
It's still not fully available. Just tried to watch PTI Live on ESPN and when I tried to select a service provider, Cablevision or Optimum is not listed.

tiger_scout
join:2010-02-20

1 edit

tiger_scout

I was able to view a cricket match on my computer without any login prompts. When I tried my Watch ESPN app on my iphone it wont work because it doesnt list my provider. From espn:
quote:
Cablevision internet subscribers now have access to ESPN3 content from a computer, but it is not available on the WatchESPN mobile application. Please note, if you are a Cablevision video subscriber with ESPN channels, you will have access to WatchESPN channels on the desktop and the mobile application soon.
HoundNJ
Denville, NJ

HoundNJ to RemyM

to RemyM
Still no access to ESPN3. Just called there Tech. support. Verified my IP address was optimun. Foward problem to next level.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to Masterchewy

to Masterchewy
said by Masterchewy:

Espn 3 is finally up and running.

Not yet
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM