join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to HoundNJ

Re: New Disney deal, ESPN3 and 3D coming

said by HoundNJ:

Still no access. A friend in Fairlawn NJ has the same problem. Looks like the NJ Optimum IP address are restricted from accessing ESPN3.

Is that *All CV NJ IPs not working) something that CV/ESPN advised you or just a conclusion you are drawing from that?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Apparently an assumption since ESPN 3 loaded up just fine with no issues for me.

HoundNJ

join:2010-10-08
Denville, NJ

Just spoke with ESPN support. They are still porting over the Optimum IP address's, With a completion within the next week.

BarryS14

join:2007-02-12
reply to RemyM

MSO Says WatchESPN and Disney TV Everywhere Services Coming Soon:

By: Todd Spangler Nov 20 2012 - 10:37am

»www.multichannel.com/tv-everywhe···3/140367

Cablevision Systems is now making ESPN3 available to Optimum Online customers -- seven years after ESPN originally introduced the broadband-video website, previously called ESPN360 -- while the MSO said it will soon offer the full WatchESPN TV Everywhere service as well as those for three Disney networks.

The cable company is introducing the services under its expanded distribution agreement announced last month with Disney and ESPN Media Networks.

ESPN3, available to Cablevision’s broadband customers, provides a subset of the programming available via WatchESPN. ESPN3’s coverage includes thousands of live events and game replays year-round, including basketball, football, college basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, golf and cricket.

With Cablevision’s launch, ESPN3 is now available in 79 million households nationwide, which is comparable to standalone cable TV networks, according to Justin Connolly, senior vice president of national accounts for Disney and ESPN Media Networks.

Cablevision did not have a timeline for when Optimum TV customers will have access to WatchESPN, Watch Disney Channel, WATCH DisneyXD and Watch DisneyJunior. “We are working hard to get [the services] out to customers ASAP,” Cablevision director of media relations Allison Watters wrote in an email.

To access ESPN3, Optimum Online customers visit »espn.go.com/watchespn/index on their computers. ESPN3 also is available on Microsoft Xbox 360 game consoles to Optimum Online customers with an Xbox Live Gold membership ($60 per year). ESPN and Microsoft on Monday debuted an enhanced version of WatchESPN for the game system.

“ESPN3 is a great addition for customers to our Optimum Online offering. With our incredibly fast Internet speeds and ESPN3’s comprehensive sports coverage, we are connecting customers to the action,” Gemma Toner, Cablevision senior vice president of broadband product management, said in a statement.

jpr281

join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

"Soon" in Cablevision speak could mean January.

tiger_scout

join:2010-02-20

1 edit
reply to RemyM

The ESPN Xbox 360 app is working. It looks better on my tv rather than my computer screen. I was watching live sports and KHL hockey replays which look surprisingly good.

All ESPN Programming now available on Xbox LIVE
»majornelson.com/2012/11/19/all-e···ox-live/

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to HoundNJ

said by HoundNJ:

Just spoke with ESPN support. They are still porting over the Optimum IP address's, With a completion within the next week.

Yeah, Cablevision is still not listed as one of the providers. When I launch the ESPN app, it does have the Optimum logo in the upper right hand corner, but when I go to watch live TV it asks me for a provider and Cablevision/Optimum isn't listed. The replays are pretty cool.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to RemyM

On the bright side, I used the authentication code method and my Comcast account and that seemed to have worked. So now I can watch live ESPN content even via Cablevision's network. I now have an Xfinity logo where Optimum used to be.

I guess it's not IP based after all.

HoundNJ

Denville, NJ

ESPN3 is finally up and running.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

Live TV still requires login, and Optimum/Cablevision is not listed

HoundNJ

Denville, NJ

ESPN3 live events are unlocked. ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU still have the locked key.

JDolan

@optonline.net
reply to HoundNJ

said by HoundNJ:

ESPN3 is finally up and running.

How so? Optimum still not listed on app!

steevo

join:2000-11-10
Rocky Point, NY

Its listed on the Xbox360 App. But NOT LISTED on the Android App or the Apple App.
--
steevo
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS!! JETS!!!

jpr281

Shirley, NY

said by steevo:

Its listed on the Xbox360 App.

Can you get it to work?

jpr281

Shirley, NY

quote:
ESPN has dramatically expanded the volume of ESPN content available to Xbox 360 owners via broadband, though you'll still need a traditional cable account to view any of it. According to a Microsoft blog post, Xbox live Gold members can now access all ESPN live programming, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Buzzer Beater and Goal Line. Previously, customers were restricted to some of ESPN's more fringe fare, though they also heavily promoted live college football. You'll not only need a traditional cable subscription to access the content, but your ISP will have to had made a deal with Microsoft. Currently, that only includes: Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Verizon, Comcast and Midcontinent Communications. The ESPN app update also features several usability improvements, including a revamped GUI and new Kinect motion controls.

Notice no mention of Cablevision/Optimum.

steevo

Rocky Point, NY
reply to jpr281

Some of it works , some doesnt same as on the pc...

This is the message I get....

Optimum video subscribers will have access to WatchESPN in the coming months. Please enter your email address below and we will contact you when WatchESPN becomes available to Optimum video subscribers. Thank you!
--
steevo

steevo

Rocky Point, NY
reply to RemyM

I must of been dreaming, just went on the xbox and optimum is not listed i swore it was the other day, but nevertheless it is annoying that Cablevision/Optimum is always last to get these things. Notice on you Xbox there is now full video apps for Fios and Xfinity, which is Comcast. Also, I believe Comcast enabled ON DEmand services through external devices using cable card such as Tivo.
--
steevo

HoundNJ

Denville, NJ

To access ESPN3, Optimum Online customers visit »espn.go.com/watchespn/index on their computers from their home or at an Optimum WiFi hotspot, where the customer’s IP address will automatically be recognized and they can begin watching.

Masterchewy

join:2004-11-02
Hartsdale, NY
reply to RemyM

The Watch channels (WatchESPN, Watch Disney Channel, WATCH DisneyXD and Watch DisneyJunior)are finally working. Log in only works with WatchESPN at the moment but will allow you access to the rest of the services.

deepen03

join:2010-08-15
Sayreville, NJ
reply to HoundNJ

it works now thanks!

jpr281

Shirley, NY

Using WatchESPN now, watching Monday Night Football.

The Internet stream is about 2 seconds ahead of my HDTV.

tiger_scout

join:2010-02-20
reply to RemyM

I can select Optimum on my iPhone now.