uniqs

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac to loveageek

to loveageek

Re: iOS 6

Apple normally "drop(s) the ball" on their major (*.0) releases. iOS 5.0 had the battery drain glitch. iOS 6.0 just seems to be even more buggy than normal. In addition to unusual battery drain at time, I've also lost cellular data for no reason (had to turn on airplane mode and off to get it back), had WiFi issues ("fixed" via restarting device) and other weird issues.

Usually by the time the *.1 release comes out, the major bugs are fixed, but that can take several months.
loveageek
Premium Member
join:2009-07-10
Clackamas, OR

loveageek

Premium Member

Good I thought I was the only one with the cell data issue... nuthin like listening to Pandora on the train and find that you have no connection where I had one before.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to Morac

to Morac
Ah, is that all? No biggie then, right? Just count on them to screw up the major releases... They're only the richest company in the world...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Morac

Premium Member

to Morac
said by Morac:

Apple normally "drop(s) the ball" on their major (*.0) releases. iOS 5.0 had the battery drain glitch. iOS 6.0 just seems to be even more buggy than normal. In addition to unusual battery drain at time, I've also lost cellular data for no reason (had to turn on airplane mode and off to get it back), had WiFi issues ("fixed" via restarting device) and other weird issues.

Usually by the time the *.1 release comes out, the major bugs are fixed, but that can take several months.

Of course ,Apple has taken a page from Microsoft and is now letting the customer do the beta testing at their peril.