Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

1 recommendation

cymraeg

Premium Member

[Raiding] future rep changes

okay apparently Blizz does listen, so let them know your feedback

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit
We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

said by cymraeg:

Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate.

This will be great with me leveling 20 toons. It will save me a ton of grind.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
This will make alts viable again in my eyes. Main reason I did not run alts before up to full raiding status was getting the gear was a pain because I had to regrind all the factions. At least this will speed things along.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
awesome.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to cymraeg

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit

Axa
@mda.mil

Axa

Anon

So it's 12000 rep to get all the way through Revered, and with double Revered-to-Exalted it'll be an effective 10500 rep (21,000/2). Interesting.