spc
uniqs
CartDude
join:2003-06-22
Simi Valley, CA

CartDude to Rick4769

to Rick4769

Re: [TWC] New National Time Warner Sports Network---LA Lakers

Been watching this new channel locally on channel 403 (HD) and 43 (SD). Has anyone else noticed the lack of Closed Captions on both SD and HD channels?

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by CartDude:

Been watching this new channel locally on channel 403 (HD) and 43 (SD). Has anyone else noticed the lack of Closed Captions on both SD and HD channels?

I hadn't watched it, but I just checked and there is no CC in the feed. TWC Deportes does have them, but doesn't show anything when turned on.
CartDude
Simi Valley, CA

1 recommendation

CartDude

Thanks for confirming, I reported it on TWC's feedback form on their website and of course they don't understand what I am telling them and keep sending me information on how to enable CC on my TV!

I don't get why they wouldn't have this enabled on a brand new channel and hope they fix this soon.

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

Tonight's Laker's Preseason Game is Blacked Out due to the territorial exclusivity of the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets in our region.
So, this new sports network is virtually useless.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Rick4769 :

Tonight's Laker's Preseason Game is Blacked Out due to the territorial exclusivity of the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets in our region.

All professional sports have blackout rules.

Hob

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to Rick4769

to Rick4769
said by Rick4769 :

Not for the 18 million people living in Los Angeles... I don't get why you expected a regional sports network to be different than any other. This is not ESPN, NBC Sports, or any other national network where they have the rights to show games nationally. They only have the rights to show the games in the Los Angeles TV market.

FailOverflow
join:2011-02-23
united state

FailOverflow

But it's not a regional network. It's a national network with a focus on a single region.

If it where strictly a regional network why put it nationally when they started up or are planning to start regional networks all over their footprint.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by FailOverflow:

But it's not a regional network. It's a national network with a focus on a single region.

Yes it is. Much like the YES Network, which is available nationally, but only New York gets the live games. I guess maybe there needs to be a different term to distinguish between regional programming and regional distribution for channels like these that aren't regional for both, but aren't truly national networks.
said by FailOverflow:

If it where strictly a regional network why put it nationally when they started up or are planning to start regional networks all over their footprint.

They put it nationally so they make more money. But why anyone outside of New York would want YES, or anyone outside of LA would want TWC Sportsnet LA is beyond me.

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769 to Suit Up

Anon

to Suit Up
I do understand it is a regional sports network for Southern California especially with the Lakers. Since Lakers games in New York State are blacked out, what interest does it have for subscribers in our region?
Virtually a useless channel in upstate New York.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Rick4769 :

I do understand it is a regional sports network for Southern California especially with the Lakers. Since Lakers games in New York State are blacked out, what interest does it have for subscribers in our region?
Virtually a useless channel in upstate New York.

all other programming besides Lakers games, Galaxy Games, and Sparks games. They have a lot of shows that are classic games and even had surfing contests shown so it is not the Lakers channels as many have suggested.

b33f
@rr.com

b33f

Anon

Does anyone have problem viewing channels 403 and 481? I have no reception to these channels. I have rebooted my cable box twice after speaking to customer support. They said to wait 24 hours and then contact them again as it may take some time for the reception to kick in. It's the 13th of October. It should have kicked in by now no?
CartDude
Simi Valley, CA

CartDude

You do have an HD box and are able to get other HD channels in the 400 range? Are you able to get the SD equivalents (43 and 48)?

b33f
@rr.com

b33f

Anon

all channels work fine, including the HD channels on my HD box. The only channels not working are the TWCS and TCWCS HD and the deportes channel (481).