uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

new case

Hello Folks,

Anyone have the cooler master HAF 932?
My wife keeps asking what I wasn't for Xmas and. I could use anew case.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I have the 922 and it fits my Corsair H100 cooler across the top just fine with one pair of fans.

I am getting a pretty long GPU today, a Sapphire Vapor-X 7970. I'll let you know if it fits without modification.

I'd also take a look at the Corsairs (the Obsidians look nice, and the 800 especially so), Rosewills (the Blackhawk Ultra), and NZXTs (the Phantom).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Lothario

I absolutely love my Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower.

Lots of room, great air flow and fan placement, and especially of all, it's super quiet.

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···11147107

It's gotten superb reviews.

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut
reply to Lothario

I have the Cooler Master HAF 922(mid sized version of the 932).

I love the case. It's got lots of room, especially depth wise(more so that my previous Antec 900). It handles my EVGA GTX670 FTW without issue at all(on my Antec 900 it was a tight squeeze) and has lots of places for fans, including a bottom fan(it uses mainly 200mm fans except the rear, which is 120mm).

I also like the extra slot opening above the normal 7 PCI slot openings. It allowed me to mount the extra USB plug bracket without hogging a normal PCI slot opening.

Definitely better than my previous Antec 900.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Krisnatharok

Those Corsairs are $$$ here. Don't really want to go higher than $150 CDN.

cheesyyellow

join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

I absolutely love my Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower.

Lots of room, great air flow and fan placement, and especially of all, it's super quiet.

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···11147107

It's gotten superb reviews.

I'll second this. I just put together a new rig last week and I love this case. There has been some negative feedback about the coolermaster 212 EVO not fitting in the case, but mine fit fine.

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
reply to Lothario

I was debating on building a new rig myself. It came down to an HAF and a ThermalTake shown below.

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···11133191

I was leaning more towards this one myself. I dont have either, so I can not comment on how well they work.

Expand your moderator at work