El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido

Re: DTV illegal in Canada? What is the legal justification?

FWIW:

My understanding is that the box updates either via internet or phone line, how are you getting around that?

Or are they still mailing cards to your US address?
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

My understanding is that the box updates either via internet or phone line, how are you getting around that?

$1.50/month voip.ms US number call forwarded to a Canadian POTS line perhaps?

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

$1.50/month voip.ms US number call forwarded to a Canadian POTS line perhaps?

I have a US address so It'd be super easy for me to do this, if that's all it takes.

US_TV_ROCKS
@start.ca

US_TV_ROCKS to El Quintron

Anon

to El Quintron
I have a dirctv subscription and updates are streamed via the satellite right to the box. No phone or internet required.
As it's already been stated, there are ways around that if it was required.

With respect to this topic: My "felony intemperance with a business model" doesn't really make me feel like a criminal. I could care less about Bell or Rogers. The CRTC and the Canadian government need to start respecting peoples rights to choose what they watch, read and listen to. They force Canadian content on us at every turn. A lot of it isn't worthy.
Open up the boarders and let the market sort it out. People will choose the better product and the better value. There is very little value in Canadian satellite and cable offerings.

Disclaimer: I also subscribe to Shaw Direct for the Canadian content that *I CHOOSE* to watch.