elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to abitbent

Re: Rogers is desperate to keep customers

He;s not an Angelo, I'm not concerned about that.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to elwoodblues
This is Robbers we're talking about, you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. There's probably a clause in the contract somewhere that states they can revoke the special price and jack it up to whatever they see fit, or lower the cap whenever they want to as well.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Oh probably, I did warn him, but it's not my money, so I don't care. I'm happy with my 28/1 unlimited Distributel. 75mb would be nice, but it's not a show stopper.

Pesterd

@rogers.com
reply to elwoodblues
Yeah because everyone downloads everything the internet has to offer 24/7.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
said by Pesterd :

you'd have to with 5 megabit if you wanted to see a HD movie a day
and with those caps it equates to 4 -6 of them a month....

Literally useless for the price your paying .....better to get 6 local friends to each buy one then have everyone rip a copy for each other.....and save on net costs altogether....oh wait that's illegal don't do it....

doingit

@speakeasy.net
reply to elwoodblues
They've been doing offers like this for a while. A buddy of mine called to cancel and switch his express package to start.ca. Rogers offered Ultimate with a 250 gig cap for $29.99/month on a one year contract plus the bundle discount as he also has a rogers phone. He took the offer of course.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to funny0
said by funny0:

said by Pesterd :

you'd have to with 5 megabit if you wanted to see a HD movie a day
and with those caps it equates to 4 -6 of them a month....

Where do you get those numbers? I watch a lot of series episodes and movies in HD every month on Netflix and I'm on Extreme with a 120Gb cap. I have yet to exceed it (the only times I came close were because I had been off or sick for several days during the month and watch more stuff than usual). With that said, looks like I'm moving in a few week and I'll probably go with Start Communications - same speeds with a 300Gb cap, for roughly $20/mo. less than what I'm paying now.

afterburn999

join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON
reply to doingit
The Cap still kills it, at those speeds you're gettting your content so much faster that you're going to end up getting so much more. I had a 300GB cap on my 5mbit connection and i had to upgrade to unlimited cause it still wasn't enough.

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
said by afterburn999:

The Cap still kills it, at those speeds you're gettting your content so much faster that you're going to end up getting so much more. I had a 300GB cap on my 5mbit connection and i had to upgrade to unlimited cause it still wasn't enough.

Do you download stuff just for the sake of it? Just curious, because this summer there were times when I was stuck at home sick and watched a lot of Netflix, and still stayed under 120Gb (though I did get very close once).

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by MichelR:

said by afterburn999:

Do you download stuff just for the sake of it? Just curious, because this summer there were times when I was stuck at home sick and watched a lot of Netflix, and still stayed under 120Gb (though I did get very close once).

»jimbarr.net/idownload/downloadwww.gif

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
hahahaha!!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by MichelR:

hahahaha!!

Geokilla how did you get a screen shot of Angelo's computer?