uniqs
share rss forum feed

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

Can't you disable data all together

On my Galaxy S2, if you hold down the power button on the right side it brings up a menu. Once is to power down, another is to turn on/off data.

Does the iphone not have a simple way to disable cell data? I usually have mine off because it prolongs battery life. I flick it on when I need it. As a result I rarely have both data and wifi enabled at the same time.

I have to assume apple has similar function?

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
That doesn't disable all data, otherwise you'd not be able to make or receive calls.

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
Reviews:
·TowerStream
On VZ the cell voice is routed over the 1X network not the data network. That's why you STILL can't talk and cell data on the Iphone 5. Until we see VoLTE.

That's also part of why Vz has less dropped calls - they have a CDMA channel that is voice, or data. GSM runs both on the same channel.

questionable

join:2005-10-18
Phoenix, AZ
reply to jjeffeory
Calls are not on Mobile data they are considered Voice. This is why Android phones have Mobile data options

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to jjeffeory
said by jjeffeory:

That doesn't disable all data, otherwise you'd not be able to make or receive calls.

Data is separate. The Voice/Texting function operates separately. If you turn Data off it doesn't use any data (you also can view pictures in mms documents or stuff like that).

How else do you avoid Data charges when your roaming? Of course you can turn off data on an Android phone.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by zod5000:

said by jjeffeory:

Data is separate. The Voice/Texting function operates separately. If you turn Data off it doesn't use any data (you also can view pictures in mms documents or stuff like that).

How else do you avoid Data charges when your roaming? Of course you can turn off data on an Android phone.

Just turn off roaming. In 18+ years of using cell phones, roaming is the first thing I turn off.

kara

@comcast.net
reply to zod5000
Icrap not that simple why i use android only.