spc
uniqs

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB to pandora

to pandora

Re: Is there a metal frame wall mount for this Ethernet panel??

I went for the whole shebang.

»www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lit ··· +cabinet

Tripp Lite has some nice cabinets for not too much. Well until you start adding shelves, etc. I have a server and routers, etc. in there. I started out as you did, but soon got carried away. I always wanted a cabinet to tinker with...
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by dnoyeB:

I went for the whole shebang.

»www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lit ··· +cabinet

Tripp Lite has some nice cabinets for not too much. Well until you start adding shelves, etc. I have a server and routers, etc. in there. I started out as you did, but soon got carried away. I always wanted a cabinet to tinker with...

I wound up with a Tripp Lite 12U wall cabinet from Amazon.

The unit is here - »www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· 01TGUYI2

Cost at time of purchase was $311.55 no sales tax, free shipping.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

That is the one I purchased as well. Found it cheaper somewhere other than amazon but its been a while and I don't recall where.

The 12U was actually cheaper than the 10U, otherwise I would have bought the 10U.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

After the baluns suggestion, I checked around, and there are HDMI over Ethernet adapters too.

I'm going to test Comcast over Ethernet (both for cable modem and for video), HDMI over Ethernet, and of course cheap surveillance cameras over Ethernet (likely up to 200' for the cameras).

If HDMI, Coax, and HDMI all work, I'll just run 6 Cat 6 cables to each outlet, then at the common panel (the embedded Ethernet rack) I'll convert and patch as needed.

This may mean a lot of my Ethernet will be stuff like phone, HDMI, Coax or whatever, but I'll have a common set of wires to each outlet and be able to determine what their individual function will be at any time based on need.

Sigh, I looks like 2 48 port managed IP 4 IP 6 switches for me. In addition to the other stuff.

I'll still run one pure Coax from Comcast to my rack, not certain how to handle phones. I wonder if there is a PoE VOIP solution that could work.