uniqs
share rss forum feed

PSurge

@teksavvy.com
reply to xdrag

Re: [DSL] Rocky! You still monitoring. I need help help! Nightma

said by xdrag:

Marc,

I think that wouldn't be a bad idea. Hire 1 or 2 techs and for those with problematic solutions that bell can't fix, maybe you can send them out to scope out the problem.

Inside wiring or maybe more. They don't have to touch bell's properties but they can do an advanced troubleshooting for the customer.

As a Teksavvy reseller, we already do this for our customers in the GTA, Halton and Hamilton areas.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to xdrag
said by xdrag:

they're not a reseller.. lol not sure if joking

Teksavvy isn't a reseller, no. Gimli and I are Teksavvy resellers. Teksavvy thinks of us as independent sales agents, but we think of ourselves more like extended local technical support.
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4
said by Teddy Boom:

said by xdrag:

they're not a reseller.. lol not sure if joking

Teksavvy isn't a reseller, no. Gimli and I are Teksavvy resellers. Teksavvy thinks of us as independent sales agents, but we think of ourselves more like extended local technical support.

Defacto Tech support / fix the f-ups / have no hair left.
lol

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

1 edit
reply to KidJak28
There's some good ideas running here.

This person might as well be an informal spokesperson for TSI. A bit of a troubleshooter/techie but personable enough to start educating people on "why" TSI gets the short side of the stick. Tell customers why TSI is having so much trouble getting bell and rogers to play nice when fixing issues.

For the difficult cases, this tech can be dispatched and have a semi-dedicated upper level agent who is on the ball with CSR. The tech calls in, tells the agent this is what's going on and the CSR can push things through in the right direction.

Just a while ago, there was that huge discussion on getting the word out there. A current reseller that can be trained to do this? Why not.

looks like there's two potentials already.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
I'll be at the ISP Summit.. We're a platinum sponsor... I'm game to talk about it with who ever while there for sure.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

kidjake284

join:2011-01-01
Richmond Hill, ON
reply to KidJak28
Listen, I'm not an idiot, I know its a Bell problem. It frustrates me to no end that BELL and Rogers has this monopoly that is liking to a mafia.

But seriously three weeks? The last time when the tech was suppose to show. I called around 6pm and I told TSI David that this guy is going to be a no show. According to him he had called bell and they said they were still on schedule and that we would have to wait until the end of the day. I know how bell works, they can call dispatch and find out exactly where the tech is and and estimated time of when they are going to show up. We have done that many time with our customers who are directly with bell. If you call them enough times eventually you can get through to a incident manager who can make the right calls to sort things out.

Now I don't know what's involved in switching us from ADSL to VDSL (not sure if it's a matter of switching to a different stinger, port or if its a back end thing of flicking a switch etc) but my guess it shouldn't be that difficult. So why does it take 3 weeks to make this happen?

Yes we were originally a Teksavvy reseller dropped out due to commitment quota's (which I completely understand). I have been with Teksavvy for many many years and they have been great in all aspects (not just providing internet service but fighting for our rights), so it just comes as a shock to me that their communication/relationship to Bell is so screwed up that it leaves them control less.

Having a Teksavvy tech onsite would be a good idea to at least troubleshoot issue relating to issues beyond the demarc, however from my experience real issue tend to be Bell's territory. I may be wrong on this but as I said in my experience.

So I'm now waiting until Monday for another tech to show up and upgrade my service. We shall see.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
You are absolutely correct! Switching isn't that hard. The real issue is having the technicians to come out and finish the work properly. When installing an FTTN connection, Bell sends 1 tech for CO/Stinger/Remote work and then a third party tech for Work at the prem. This is usually where things get dropped.

Can you please keep me posted on how the install goes on monday?

feel free to email me at andre@teksavvy.com

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

2 edits
reply to KidJak28
There are a number of issues here that need to be considered.

1. Hiring / Sending a tech out is not cheap on a contract basis. Robbers / Bhell can afford tech visits because of the ridiculous monthly profit on each Customer account.

2. 3/4's of the issues are something a "teksavvy" onsite tech cannot rectify anyway. The main issues that they would be able to deal with are internal wiring and config issues. When it comes to unregistered Macs ( cable ) or disabled line cards ( dsl ) there is nothing we would really be able to do other than call in for the ticket. Internal issues are Customer centric issues that are the customers responsibility.

Trust me when I tell you that some of the responses that the incumbents send back to Teksavvy when a ticket is submitted would make you lose your mind and want to do bad things to the nearest Rogers/Bell store.

While it would make for a smoother installation and much faster troubleshooting, unless the customer is willing to foot the cost of an "in home custom setup" - it would be financially impossible for Teksavvy to facilitate that type of service based on the small profit margins. If you don't believe that the profit margins are in reality small like some may think, I would invite ye non-believers to spend a few minutes and read through some of the CRTC tariffs and with a little math and deduction, you can figure out how much profit there really is. Dont forget the biggies in your arithmetic: Tariff customer charge, activation fees, capacity, staffing, billing, and troubleshooting costs to name a few.

The only shot is using a Tek reseller that is willing to go the extra mile, but for many reasons that I wont delve into here, it is becoming more difficult to facilitate that as well.

The key to the future is enforceable Incumbent SLA's and access to the tools needed for proper remote troubleshooting. The Tools exist , Tek just needs to get access to them tout suite.

There are now some key people in positions @ Teksavvy that I have hope and confidence will make a difference in the coming weeks / months. Hopefully soon things will improve. In the meantime, we do our best to keep things moving!

kidjake284

Richmond Hill, ON
reply to KidJak28
Monday is here and waiting patiently for Bell tech to arrive.

Crossing my fingers

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
Fingers crossed as well Please keep us posted.

kidjake284

Richmond Hill, ON
reply to KidJak28
Well yesterday came and went. Although I have a brand new shiny pots splitter from the 2nd tech who managed to show. The primary tech who is supposed to switch us to VDSL sadly did not show.

Is this crazy or what? Seriously I don't think this is something anyone should endure??? Am I right?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
I hear ya... Phil is working on it right now.

kidjake284

Richmond Hill, ON
reply to KidJak28
Everything just went from bad to worse as my internet connection has been cut off! As of yesterday 5:20pm it went down!

I have NO INTERNET now (adsl or vdsl)?

No one is willing to take responsibility for it and nothing is being done in a timely fashion. It's now 12:40pm and my internet is still down and your company has assured me that Bell is "digging into it". Seriously? No digging is required, the incident manager can call out to the local dispatch for my area and send out a tech!

This has been the worst experience in my 20+ years of IT. How can a simple upgrade take 3+ weeks where in the end I'm left with no internet.

I've pretty much documented my whole experience with this process so that some one out there can see what I've had to endure and possibly have the power to change the system (doubtful but hopeful).

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
kidjake284 I'm sorry about this, I'm personally going to take a look at what is going on here and get back to you.
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
VP Operations

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to kidjake284
Hi kidjake284,

I just want you to know that we do take this seriously and we have been engaging Bell to get this fixed. I've been on Phil to make sure he is on top of things, and he is and he has been going back and forth with Bell and checking for updates.

As of this morning we engaged level much higher than we should have (according to the procedural put out by Bell), and we have no problem doing so.

I just want you to know that we care and we are working on it.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Follow me on Twitter!

kidjake284

Richmond Hill, ON
reply to TSI Pierre
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
kidjake284 we just got confirmation from the service director at bell that they spoke to the tech and they are currently at another job and will be sending the tech over before 5. Really sorry about this.
--
VP Operations

kidjake284

Richmond Hill, ON
Pierre,

I can assure you that the technician will NOT be here before 5pm or in fact today! I know this for fact. Please see email to Andre and Phil regarding this matter.

I know that you guys will be gone by 5pm but I will still be without internet.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by kidjake284:

Pierre,

I can assure you that the technician will NOT be here before 5pm or in fact today! I know this for fact. Please see email to Andre and Phil regarding this matter.

I know that you guys will be gone by 5pm but I will still be without internet.

We don't end at 5 I am acutally in his office talking about your email. He is aware we are going back to bell to cross our Ts and dot our Is

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Follow me on Twitter!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to KidJak28
Just wanted to share an update... Yesterday, Phil & I worked extremely hard to get a tech out for kidjake284 and despite commitments made, a tech never showed. I can confirm that a tech is working on his line now and we hope to have it resolved shortly.

I will also be working on finding out why a tech didn't show yesterday.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to KidJak28
Amazing commitment to customer satisfaction!! Well done TSI!

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to KidJak28
This all leaves me scratching my head and wondering why Bell can't be more like AT&T...

I signed up with Sonic.net after hours on Friday, so the order wouldn't have been put through to AT&T until Monday. I never got an install date (Sonic will get me one once AT&T gets it to them) but out of sheer boredom I connected my phone last night; got dial tone, called my cell, it rang, the correct number showed up. Called the line back from my cell, it rang.

So AT&T gets the order Monday, you know they didn't process it that day, so they processed it Tuesday and had a tech out Wednesday. Sonic.net probably hasn't gotten that far into their ticket queue and I'm already hooked up. As soon as my equipment gets here, I should have DSL.

Now, I switched to Sonic.net on Friday because it just recently became available to me here, which I learned because I was checking on availability for my office (which happens to be a 4 minute walk from my apartment) and had placed an order there, as well. That order was placed Friday afternoon, given connect date (AT&T) of Wednesday, wherein the tech showed up promptly within the first 10 minutes of the window, did his bit, and was on his way. Dial tone on both lines (bonded DSL). The Sonic.net tech will be out tomorrow with the DSL equipment for the office.

Why is AT&T this good about hooking up third party users? Because the money they get from TPIA is money that's not going to their competitors; so they view the ISPs who lease their network as their customers, because they are.

kidjake284

Richmond Hill, ON
reply to KidJak28
Yes I want to thank TSI for helping out but to be honest it took three weeks for someone like Phil and Roger to take action.

There were rejection orders coming back and TSI asking me to call the phone provider to verify my address. I called the phone provider who swore up and down that the address is correct. I got "numerous" messages from TSI stating that they found the problem and was resubmitting the order only to have it rejected. Three weeks of this until they decided to cut my internet for no reason! Imagine how you would feel in my position?

I spent at least 4 separate days at the office waiting for the bell tech to arrive when TSI said they would only to be disappointed. That was really frustrating not to mention work loss.

The last time, when TSI said the tech would be coming before 5pm. I knew very well that they wouldn't be coming and sure enough I was there until 6:00pm and no one showed.

Again I know TSI is at the mercy of Bell and I'm all for rooting for the underdog but sometimes you need to be a little more proactive and when someone says I need help they shouldn't have to go to a forum to get it.

Having said that Thank you everyone for getting me back online.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
kidjake284 I want to thank you for your patience, I did witness Phil and Andre working real hard at getting a tech properly dispatched and even though we were told it would happen, it didn't and for that I apologize. Yes at times we are at the mercy of the incumbent but at the end of the day YOU are our customer and that's what counts to me. We are investigating with the incumbent this case and we are reviewing our procedures to try and mitigate these issues in the future. Once again...thank you and happy you are back online!
--
VP Operations