uniqs
share rss forum feed

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to StuartMW

Re: Posting online is like getting inked - only data lives on...

Facebook tops 1 billion users, CEO Zuckerberg concedes co. in a tough cycle

By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, October 4, 3:39 PM

NEW YORK — More than a billion people now log into Facebook each month to check up on old friends, tag photos of new ones and post about politics, religion, cats or what their kids are doing.

That’s double the 500 million it hit in July 2010 — what now seems like a lifetime but was a little more than two years ago. August 2008 marked another big juncture, 100 million users.

The latest milestone also amounts to nearly half of the world’s roughly 2.5 billion Internet users, as measured by the International Telecommunications Union.

So who are these people?

»www.washingtonpost.com/business/···ory.html
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

I hope Zuckerberg is investing in things other than FB. My bet is that it'll just be a memory in 5-10 years,
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

2 recommendations

reply to Name Game

From Washington Post

quote:
...CEO Mark Zuckerberg marked the milestone on his Facebook page, as he has in the past when the site’s users hit nice round numbers.

“If you’re reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honor of serving harvesting you,” he wrote. “Helping Harvesting data of a billion people connect is amazing, humbling immensely profitable and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life.”
Fixed it for Zuck...
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775