Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to Killersaurus

Premium Member

to Killersaurus

Re: What's the carriers' problem?

said by Killersaurus:

The carriers are not out anything, so there shouldn't be any problem for them to credit people's bills. They shifted a few more bits around on their hardware... so what? In this instance, whether they move 1GB or 1000GB it doesn't matter one iota. They own the hardware; it's already installed and powered up to do what it's made to do. It's either idle or working and it costs the same amount in the end. Carriers have no problem to overcome except for their own greed.

Right -- because once its there - its paid for. Kind of like when you buy a house with a mortgage -- if you live in it, its not costing you anything extra to have 5 of your buds move in to the house.
Killersaurus
join:2012-09-17

1 recommendation

Killersaurus

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not.

My point was that their routing equipment is like an exercise bike. It either sits there by its lonesome or someone is on it pedaling. If you only have one person wanting to use it at a time, then it doesn't matter how many people hop on it in succession. It costs the same no matter what, especially if everyone has already chipped in 5 bucks.
alpaca
join:2002-09-06
Massapequa, NY

alpaca

They have to pay to get there data to give to you ongoing. Unless verizon has a unlimited connection to internet. Idk level3 is one provider that feeds internet to isp n such here in NY

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
united state

DannyZ

Premium Member

Verizon is a Tier 1 I believe which means they don't pay for transit.